GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The museum is pretty neat. Next time you're in town, check out J&P Cycle just north of Anamosa. They have just about everything. The owner, John Parham, owns the museum and is a member of GWRRA.

Looks like you stayed at the Microtel in Marion. Welcome to Iowa's winter. I rode my Wing on January 11th. It was 50 degrees. Later that day winter showed up and hasn't left.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skunkman
Yep, thats the Microtel. It's not bad and close to our office in Marion. Free breakfast!

We did go to J&P. The owner of my company knows him and took us by his house which was very impressive.

We even had our office party in Anamosa. Some steak place right next to the museum. You guys sure do have good steaks but I feel sorry for you having to just stare at your bike all winter.

Rick

G

·
Rick,

Thanks for the web site of Museum pics. Looks great!

I was wondering if by chance this building used to be a manufacturing facility for Collins Radio Co.
I worked for Collins @ Cedar Rapids in the early 60s & they had an Amateur Radio equipment manufacturing plant in Anamosa.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I see Culver's in your motel pic.

:lol:

Been to the museum, and it is really nice.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
copjr: yes that is a Culver's. People in our office eat there and say it is good.

WesternCO: Sorry but I have no idea about the history of the building. I know the Rockwell Collins plant in Cedar Rapids is HUGE.

Here is the site for the museum. Maybe they have a history of the building section

http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/museum/

Rick

·
Registered
238 Posts
skunkman said:
The museum is pretty neat. Next time you're in town, check out J&P Cycle just north of Anamosa. They have just about everything. The owner, John Parham, owns the museum and is a member of GWRRA.

Looks like you stayed at the Microtel in Marion. Welcome to Iowa's winter. I rode my Wing on January 11th. It was 50 degrees. Later that day winter showed up and hasn't left.
I rode my Goldwing the same day to Hatfield's in Muscatine to have it triked. Glad I did, even though it wasn't on the schedule until mid Febrary. Glad I did because I don't have any way to haul it and it is not looking like riding weather anytime in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts