GL1800Riders Forums banner
3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  2wheeldad 
#1 ·
All Garmin Basecamp and other expensive apps I bought REQUIRE a mouse. GPS apps need a mouse. Waste of money to buy GPS programs that are worthless for programing routes on the IPAD. Every point must to be entered by hand. No rubberbanding of routes without a mouse. I bought a Ipad Air for motorcycle routing on the road...I leave it at home, no point if I can't program the Garmin ZUMO 665.

Anyone able to make a android or a IPad work with a Jailbreak?

#4 ·
no usb port very big downfall with ipad
Hi Mike! Apple makes adapters that plug into the charging port. I have a USB adapter and a memory card adapter. I use them to down load photos off from my small pocket camera. Works quite well.

#9 ·
IPAD, Yes it loads and runs. BUT, You can't run a route unless its a simple 2 point route. You need a mouse for the software. So on a long road trip leave the IPAD at home.. Unless a Jailbreak can add the bluetooth mouse...

#11 ·
Yes you can add routes and POI but they will have to be created somewhere else.

Can a chrome book run apps and Basecamp, doses Chromebook have a mouse.

#12 ·
Hi Mike! Apple makes adapters that plug into the charging port. I have a USB adapter and a memory card adapter. I use them to down load photos off from my small pocket camera. Works quite well.
Can you use your iPad to update the maps on a Garmin GPS with that adapter ?

#13 ·
Can you use your iPad to update the maps on a Garmin GPS with that adapter ?
I don't know if the software packages are compatible or not. All I know is the adapters are available from the Apple store for $29. The USB adapter seems to work just like the USB on my Windows desktop.
Electronic device Technology Gadget Electronics Electronic component

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.