GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, :idea:

I was wondering if anyone has hooked up an Ipaq pocket PC with a Haicom GPS receiver to their wing. I think this device is fantastic. You can use it as a full function GPS with an ear piece, It is an MP3 player, a voice recorder, and a blue tooth activated e-mail computer. It hook into a power plug and never has a battery problem.

I know this is too good to be true. What do you think? :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have a similar veice, the garmin ique 3600.

i plan to use it not as a rigid mount, but rather in the fairing pocket and refer to it when i need.

so far its only been couch tested, seeing as how its hard to even walk outside with all the ice.i like the portable idea, so i can take it with either of thebikes, the car, or anywhere i fly.

loren

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loren,

With the Haicom 401(hiacom.com) it has a suction cup that can mount on the windscreen or instrument panel. The gPs has to be exposed to the sky in order to work. This is relative inexpensive unit @ $649.00. I have seen it work in an auto and it is better than the installed units that cost $2000.00

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the Haicom 401(buygpsnow.com) it has a suction cup that can mount on the windscreen or instrument panel. The gPs has to be exposed to the sky in order to work. This is relative inexpensive unit @ $649.00. I have seen it work in an auto and it is better than the installed units that cost $2000.00

(Sorry I gave the wrong URL)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts