GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that all the shaking messes up the camera after a while. What is your experience?

David

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I read somewhere that all the shaking messes up the camera after a while. What is your experience?

David
Contact kwthom (forum member) I believe he has come up with a solution for this.

Reactions: DaveFromDenver

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
You know.......... That's was a very good question!
I asked if keeping your battery charger on, when your phone battery was at 100%, would this overcharge the battery???????????????

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know.......... That's was a very good question!
I asked if keeping your battery charger on, when your phone battery was at 100%, would this overcharge the battery???????????????
On an iPhone, from personal experience, keeping your charger connected after your battery is at full charge will not harm anything.

David

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
First, I'll let you read the fine print NOTICE on this web page:

Yes, you can absolutely destroy a cell phone camera on a motorcycle. Been there, done that, got the bill for the repair, too.

When your cell phone camera starts being stupid, and you figure out it's NOT operator error, ask yourself 'how many hours of vibration has this experienced on a handlebar of a motorcycle?'

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aha! Thanks for the warning!

David

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
What I didn't mention was that my phone was Android, not iOS. Most models of high-end cell phone have similar, if not identical camera elements internally.

The magic is the software involved. If the hardware is messed up, the software has loads of fun trying to correct for those issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
First, I'll let you read the fine print NOTICE on this web page:

Yes, you can absolutely destroy a cell phone camera on a motorcycle. Been there, done that, got the bill for the repair, too.

When your cell phone camera starts being stupid, and you figure out it's NOT operator error, ask yourself 'how many hours of vibration has this experienced on a handlebar of a motorcycle?'
No vibration on my Gold Wing.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts