GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 GL 1800 and I am looking for ideas on mounting my iPhone3g. I have read previous threads and came to the conclusion that any kind of handlebar mount or clutch/reservoir mount has too much vibration. I am not looking to necessarily use the phone feature; more the iPod feature. However, I do need to see the incoming phone numbers to decide if I need to pull over for work purposes. Any pics and help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Does the IPhone have a hard drive??? if not, then I don't think the handle bar mount would hurt it, other than water/rain....

If all I wanted was an IPod for music, I would get a 8gb Nano and have the phone in my or the wings pocket...safer there.
If you have to keep an eye on the phone, maybe Blue Tooth set up.....just some thoughts..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would buy a regular iPod, however, my work gave me the iPhone. Therefore, I do not have to purchase one.

Yes, to my knowledge, it does have a hard drive.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
If it does have a hard drive, then yes vibrations will effect it.....maybe a piece of foam in the left pocket to surround the IPhone, keep it safe...and steady???

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
iPhone's are flash drive based storage devices, so vibration won't be an issue.

Go the RAM website and plug in your info and it will offer you a number of suggestions.

http://www.ram-mount.com/
I wasn't sure, don't own one.....flash drive, you good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts