GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone out there has done this...so I will ask...forgive me if it's been asked before...but I want to save myself from spending money the wrong way....

Have a JM Elite 629 headset, a 2010 GW GL1800, no CD, but use a HonPDSDR from sound gate connected to my CD wiring on the bike...I can listen to an ipod or my Apple IPhone 4's music via the CD/HonPDSDR connection and use the controls on the radio to select songs...works great....mounted in trunk...

Now have a Zumo 660 GPS...works great...

Question: How or what would I need to Connect my Apple IPhone 4 (which is currently connected to HonPDSDR) to the bike so that I can still listen to music on the IPhone, or FM radio, BUT also make and answer phone calls?

I have found a device by JM called the JMDM-IPBT-GL18 but it only allows the phone to work if you are listening to music via the CD, if listening via the FM radio the phone will not work.

Anyone out there do this.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Safe Rides...

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I use Kennedy products. Seems like it was around $200 to do it and it works great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ed Davis at edsets makes a patch cord to go to the 1800 and zumo all plug and play works great I've had one for a few yrs no problems and much cheaper than some of the others.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts