GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the XM on a Hoot mount with a Kennedy harness hardwired to the connection under the left pocket(so I unplugged my auxilary cable. I want to fill left pocket with soft foam to isolate the Ipods hard drive and be able to hook up easily or switch back and forth between the satelte and IPOD. I trashed one Ipods hard drive with a ram mount and IPOD case mounted on the bars.I switched the XMs middle input to the IPOD before but the IPOD does not like the bars vibrations. Any ideas

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Kennedy AuxSwitchSet2 - this will provide the isolation required between the two inputs and the ground loop isolation for each input to the AUX input.

The unit will switch between the two inputs - when it detects audio on the 'primary' input lead (typically the satellite radio), it will be connected. If you lose the signal (or turn it off), the 'secondary' input (iPod) will be connected.

If you truly do have the Kennedy XM radio device harness already installed (with the integrated power supply), you can unplug it from the IsoSet that it's probably plugged into now and plug it into the AuxSwitchSet module.

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon thanks for your help. I dug up what I actually put on the bike and it includes the following:
1-KT-ISO-GL18-DEL6
KT-AUX GL18 aux pigtail
KT-DEVST-DEL8 stereo device harness
KT-PWR-GL18 power harness
KT-SET-ISO-isolated input

So Jon this is what connects my XM to the bike. So now what are your suggestions. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Replace the 'KT-SET-ISO' (Cyclegadget part number) with a 95375 AuxSwitchSet module (KTG part number).

Plug the AUX input harness into the input plug on the AuxSwitchSet module.

Disconnect the power harness from the XM device harness and connect it to the AuxSwitchSet module.

Connect one of the power output connectors on the AuxSwitchSet module to the XM device harness.

Connect the audio connector on the XM harness to the 'Primary' input plug on the AuxSwitchSet module.

Order a 95370 Stereo Right-Angle audio input cable for the iPod and plug it into the 'Secondary' input plug on the AuxSwitchSet module.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Like Jon said!! I am adding my Sirius unit to be used with my Iway 500 using the AuxSwitchSet2 this spring. (too damn cold to install right now.

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jon

You know your stuff on electronics/gps etc... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts