GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just pulled wing out of storage ,noticed when i stored it last fall ,i had closed the left storage pocket that has the i pod cord and crimped the cord when i closed it ,now it sat that way for 5 months ,now it still works sorta volume fades in and out,is there a clear answer to my problem?and can i just replace the cord ? not electric savvy ,any advice would be great thanx.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
just pulled wing out of storage ,noticed when i stored it last fall ,i had closed the left storage pocket that has the i pod cord and crimped the cord when i closed it ,now it sat that way for 5 months ,now it still works sorta volume fades in and out,is there a clear answer to my problem?and can i just replace the cord ? not electric savvy ,any advice would be great thanx.

You certainly can replace the cord. Can be purchased at your dealer or online. The one end has a Hitachi type plug to plug into the GL harness. Just remove the pocket to get at it. 4 pushpins is all that holds in plus the one long price that snaps over the fairing bolts. That you need to pinch together starting at bottom and gently pull out towards the top. Sounds complicated but it isn't. Just go slowly and try to do it with the plastic somewhat warm. Sounds difficult but it isn't. Sorry. But I'm half asleep. :)

On yeah, push the center of the push pins in with a small screwdriver or pen or something. Then close the lid and lift to get them out. Then open the lid to pick them up. Those things got wings and legs if you know what I mean.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts