GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my Ipod in the left glovebox. Has anyone put their Ipod in the trunk and connected it into the system via the CD connector using connector C29 under the seat. Seems like a logical thing to do, and easier than running long cables back to the glovebox.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Seems logical, but it currently won't work. iPod uses a proprietary serial interface format.

I've heard rumors in the past of people working on iPod interfaces that will connect up to some of the GL1800 controls (CB buttons, etc.), but there hasn't been much talk of that lately.

I use an RF remote velcroed to my left handlebar. The only line that needed to be run was the audio output to the AUX input under the left pocket.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Not the best tranlation, but should answer the question. Appears cost is about $445.00 + the cost of an iPod.

Newly in the BeNeLux and excluding by Goldwing service the Netherlands. A set your iPod at on your Goldwing GL1800 to close. With this set, you can serve your iPod via the cd-wissellaar administration of the last sacraments on the steering wheel. Moreover the iPod load also yet once on in the bijgeleverde holder, so that you have always a full battery. This means enjoy hours long rijplezier meanwhile you your favorite music!! The system costs build in completely including €333,- (excl iPod)

Just what gegevens on a row…

An original cd-wissellaar of Honda costs maarliefst €1100,-, and 6cd´s can accommodate (+ -150 numbers). Our iPod system costs build in €333,- incl, excl iPod. The 1GB iPod costs €149,- (+ -250 numbers) with each other thus yet no €485. Shorten samengevat, before yet less than the half of the price of a cd-wissellaar (you save €625,-!!) instaleren we a system in your Goldwing on which you can discharge more numbers, and what you also yet once with can take on holidays or as you not with the motor on way are.

Things worth knowing:

A Honda cd wisellaar costs contain fit is all an iPod is Only 8.9 x 4.1 x 0.69 cm €1100,- 6CD's tesamen +- 120 numbers On 1GB ± 250nummers
There for €149,- An iPod Nano and weighs is market leader 42 grams Apple on territory of MP3 players. An iPod has perfect sounds quality

In short a must for every Goldwing rijder that of a good stiff music holds!!!

If you have ask over our system, you can e-mail always. [email protected] comDit e-mailadres is protected has to look at against spam bluntly, you Javascript necessarily it

Naturally you can come also without obligation along for a demo.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just what gegevens on a row
I think I'll have that put on my tombstone...lol.

Dep

·
Registered
38 Posts
WHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
The last sacraments on the steering wheel?????

LMAO
Where did you get this translation hahah

BTW..This is a lot of money! :roll:
I use a Ijet remote.
It works great!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
Not the best tranlation, but should answer the question. Appears cost is about $445.00 + the cost of an iPod.
Damn. Might as well just buy the CD changer. :lol:
Glad I did. 8)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
William Anzik said:
[quote="Lewis/EC":3qs8so5q]Not the best tranlation, but should answer the question. Appears cost is about $445.00 + the cost of an iPod.
Glad I did. 8)[/quote:3qs8so5q]

Dunno...the CD changer there is $1467.00.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
[quote="William Anzik":1qmgs5l3][quote="Lewis/EC":1qmgs5l3]Not the best tranlation, but should answer the question. Appears cost is about $445.00 + the cost of an iPod.
Glad I did. 8)[/quote:1qmgs5l3]

Dunno...the CD changer there is $1467.00.[/quote:1qmgs5l3]

And prone to mechanical failure, and you can't use it other places, and you have to carry CDs around, and stop to change them, and,and,...
Nah! My MP3 player can go anywhere!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
daver said:
And prone to mechanical failure, and you can't use it other places, and you have to carry CDs around, and stop to change them, and,and,...
Nah! My MP3 player can go anywhere!
The belt clip for the Honda CD changer is well, cumbersome....lol. MP3 for me (XM too).

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have the CD changer, too. Had to have it fixed and it's working great now. But it's just there now as a selling point, or as a backup in case my iPod should ever fail. The iPod has completely changed the way I listen to music and even talk radio.

I got a lot of use out of the CD changer in the first few years I owned the bike, but it ain't doin' much at the moment...

·
Registered
234 Posts
IPOD Mount on left pocket..a breeze...

I have some pics if anyone wants to see how to mount their IPOd on the left pocket..wires are closeby...charging too...and you can reach over and touch it if you have to if it stops etc....have a remote control mounted below the key switch...so doesn't require running a bunch of wires all over the bike, and you can take it off in a few seconds to add songs......or for security..rubber mounted case..one small screw in the back to the pocket and you are done.....a 5 minute installation...that works!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
daver said:
Lewis/EC said:
[quote="William Anzik":15vz4yg8][quote="Lewis/EC":15vz4yg8]Not the best tranlation, but should answer the question. Appears cost is about $445.00 + the cost of an iPod.
Glad I did. 8)
Dunno...the CD changer there is $1467.00.[/quote:15vz4yg8]

Nah! My MP3 player can go anywhere![/quote:15vz4yg8]My CD changer works great - updated mount. I burned my own CDs with all the songs I wanted. I don't have to change them very often. They sound better to me than my MP3 player through the AUX sounds. And the stock switches work. :D

Bottom line is that it sounds like we are all happy with our choices! 8) (And I'm happy I didn't have to pay $1,467! :shock: )

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
does the cd changer play cd's in mp3 format?

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
KYBLUE said:
does the cd changer play cd's in mp3 format?
Unfortunately, no.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought I would chime in on the mp3 player to cd changer hookup. I tried diligently to find someone to get me the connection info for the rear
plug to the cd changer. After emails and conversations with Lewis at
Electrical Connection, and trying other sources, I gave up. It seems the
connection to the cd port is a logic circuit and the design is proprietary
to Honda. The Goldwing designers won't even let anyone know what the
logic circuitry is or how to connect other devices to it. Lewis told me
that he has bought the components to try and figure it out himself, but he
is still approx. halfway of having everything he needs to make it work.
I ended up buying a Kenwood Music Keg and installing that in place of the CD changer and mounting the controller on the dash with the control box under the seat.
Maybe there is an Electrical/Electronics Engineer genius out there who
could figure it out. For me my Music Keg has worked very well and I just didn't want an iPod because I can read the titles to the songs right up on the dash and have access to all the tracks. I do wish the controller was a little nicer to use but I guess you can't have everything. Best Wishes, Don Wittbrodt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts