GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to add a device that allows me to play musing from an iPod through the CD hookup and controls. I believe there are at least two different ones available. The BikeMP3 and the one from Electrical Connection. There may be others. I would appreciate any comments and lessons learned about the different choices to help me with making the best selection.If would be especially helpful if someone has experience with more than one model for comparison.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ipods and bikes

I found out an expensive lesson a couple of months ago. There is an actual hard drive in most ipods and iphones. If you hit a bump or something it will skip and change songs frequently. It is a good thing that the sd card reader works. This is with a J&M setup with bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you are using an iPod or iPhone, the Soundgate HONDSPUR unit works extremely well and also charges the iPod at the same time.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I had the soundgate and the j&M and neither worked particularly well on my '05. Locked up the radio altogether. Might work better on the newer models, but not on mine.

I have an ipod classic, with a hard drive. I keep it in a trunk organizer pocket, not mounted to the handlebars or frame. No problems with vibration. I used a remote control to change tracks if something I don't like comes on... EC ipod connector (the one that goes through the aux connection, not the CD). Works like a champ, sounds great.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
CJ, I have the Electrical Connection unit, wired to the trunk. Never a problem with my 4G Ipod Touch. Love it!:yes1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts