GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
Is anyone using the IPod with wireless remote?
I am interested to know

1. What model IPod and remote is in use
2. Where is the IPod itself located on the bike
3. Where is the remote located
4. Does remote have a problem penetrating the plastic (like a storage compartment and such) thus reducing control effectiveness
5. Any other relevant info / advice...

As usual- THANK YOU!

·
Registered
911 Posts
ipod

Hi Icing...I'm using an Ipod Mini with a Griffin "Air Click" remote....ipod stays in the left pocket attached to the AUX wire, and powered by a cigarette lighter type plug, plugged into the accessory socket...I keep the remote part attached to my left handlebar with velcro that it came with...works perfectly, no skipping, sounds excellent....good luck...ride safe....

Scott

G

·
I don't have the "mini", but the regular 40g I-pod.
My remote (Belkin, I believe) is attached to the I-pod with a cord
and mounted on my handle bar. Also for power I use the plug in the 12 volt aux plug in the left pocket.

I think if I was to do it over agin, I would try the cordless remote that's available now days.

Some here like LVWolfman and others have a I-pod mount attached to the handle bar to view the I-pod screen while riding.

Different ways to go, just check your options and good luck.

Cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 30g and an I-jet remote. The remote is velcro'd to the left of the key and the I-Pod is in the left pocket. No problems with control. Radio Shack had that remote clearanced out for about $10.00 a while back.

·
Registered
235 Posts
iPod wireless remote

We use an iJet wireless remote that the wife usually clips to an elastic band that goes around the right-hand passenger armrest. It has a range of 150' and has no problem reaching the 20gB 3rd generation iPod which resides in the trunk wired to an Innovatek FM Modulator.

If it rains she puts it in her pocket. If I'm riding alone I put it in the soft fairing pocket on the right-hand side and usually change channels on the radio rather than mess with the remote.

jb

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have an iPod video that I keep in the trunk powered from a power socket also in the trunk. I ran the audio cable from the left fairing pocket into the trunk. Unfortunately the Griffin Airclick wireless remote, which attaches to the iPod's firewire port, does not have a passthru to connect a power cord. So I just set the iPod on shuffle and pause it when I get to long stops. That way it's like listening to the radio but without any commercial or DJ interrruptions.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I've got the mini hooked up to play with a system by Jon for the right pocket. I put a power plug in the right pocket to charge it. I have the remote on the left handlebar and have no problem accessing it. Sound is only limited by the speakers, and the recording you made. I have no problem listening when I have the helmet on. I have the I-pod in the right pocket because it locks.

I also have a GPS running which is why I am using a system that Jon sells, so that it plays over the Aux that the I-pod plays on. When I ride and I know I won't be on the highway I use my Bluetooth. My cell phone charges in my left pocket off a power plug. No more running down batteries on either device.

·
Registered
838 Posts
20GB 4G ipod with iJet using 3M dual lock on clutch resevoir lid. The iJet is waterproof.

I have used the iPod in the left pocket, but I put a power outlet in the trunk, in the CB area, and ran an aux input cable there too. Since I use playlists I don't have to get to it very often and it is locked in the trunk and I don't have to worry about it. After it sits for a while I just hold the pause/power button for a few seconds, let off and tap it again and away she goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts