GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lucky, I think she would do just fine as the 3600 functions just like the palm pilot 500 series. It really is an amazing gadget, I have had mine since last fall and have used in at work, on the wing, in airplanes, in the pickup, etc...... I have several palm pilot pda's and i find it to function well, and as a gps it is increditable..... I also have had or still have most of the other garmin gps units (40,45,etrex vista, gps V, gps III, streetpilot, 76s, rhino's, etc) and this one even amazes my wife!!!! :shock: The audio is great, the acuracy is great, the speed, the cheap memory cards, waas capable.... and the best part of the whole unit is it's portablility and functionality. It is not water proof, but then again it just slips in a pocket or you can put a ziplock over it..... also has great sounded MP3 capability that plugs right in to the aux jack.... and you can be playing MP3's and the mapping directions will over-ride the music. The screen is large, bright, and is in color. You do have to treat it as a 450 dollar piece of equipment, meaning I would not throw it around or drop on the floor or drop it in a toilet!!!! :oops: Like I stated I have the SP III and used that on the wings until purchasing the 3600 and the 3600 is cheaper than the SPIII (more capability and cheaper!!!!). I have looked at the 2600 series from garmin, but they are still not very portable (they need a 12 volt supply) Drop me an e-mail if you need more information....
Jon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.