GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from a run to Alamosa CO from Clover SC. The CT was great. have about 5000 miles on it and will not be going back to a MT on my wing ever again. Left home at 4 am Thursday and arrived in Alamosa 35 1/2 hours later. (1650 miles) Sat rode behind a steam engine powered train and attended a concert featuring Micheal Martin Murphy. Then turned around and returned home on Sunday and Monday. The tire was quiet and rode like a dream. Can't wait until time allows me to make another run like this one. collected the needed data for both my Iron Butt and Bum Burner certificates on the way out. Thought about going for the super Iron Butt (1500/24hr) on the way home but my sense of safety over ruled and only went 1000 the first day coming home.

Thanks to all who of you who have posted information on going Dark Side, made the switch in May and now wonder why I wanted so long.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: on your accomplishments Dan! Enjoy that C/T!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Great job on the trip and congratulations on now being an experienced member of the darkside. Its funny you posted this today because just yesterday my wife and I got the email from Michael Kneebone, President of IBA that our ride had been checked, approved and certified and we are now offical members of the IBA. We did our first Saddlesore 1,000 on July 1st from Pell City, Al to Hays, Kansas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts