GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place on this board to get Iron Butt information? I thought there was an IB Board, but can't find it.

Johnny S

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

·
Registered
9,194 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Several members here - if you have any questions

Nick

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, no nothing specific, just interested in maybe getting involved and attempting one of their rides one day. Sounds like a great bunch of guys.

Johnny S

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Thanks everyone, no nothing specific, just interested in maybe getting involved and attempting one of their rides one day. Sounds like a great bunch of guys.

Johnny S
Suggest finding when the closest MTF Saddlesore ride is scheduled nearest your location. As mentioned, a great way of doing the first ride...the support that riders are given is fantastic.

Luck to you!!! :)

Sent from my teeny screen using my big fat fingers!

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
johnny, you are in texas. iba is doing a rat ride, ride around texas in may. this fall they have been talking about another republic of texas rally like last year.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I would bet that you could sign up for the RAT, tell them you are a newbie, and they would find a mentor for you to ride with or at least advise you...
It would be an excellent way to learn about LD riding.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
this fall they have been talking about another republic of texas rally like last year.
Kevin, I have been waiting to hear whether or not there will be another Memorial gathering in Dallas like we had last Nov. Have you heard anything definite? I have asked Howard Entman as an aside to another matter, but did not get an answer.

BTW, I installed a Rake Kit, and am still fine tuning the settings and height.

gramps

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would bet that you could sign up for the RAT, tell them you are a newbie, and they would find a mentor for you to ride with or at least advise you...
It would be an excellent way to learn about LD riding.
That would be a great way to start. Someone to answer questions that are sure to come up and offer a little encouragement.

J S

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
You have to start with a SaddleSore 1000. You can't do a longer ride until the SS1000 is done.
With that in mind, like Ken said the Motorcycle Tourer's Forum would be a good place to start
and will list SS 1000 around the country you can go on.

http://www.mctourer.com/

You need to have the Prerequisite rides in to do the Rat Ride. They are listed on the Rat page.

http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2014/RAT/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts