GL1800Riders Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Yes I will get that one certified. As most folks know that have ever done an Iron butt ride the paper work is the hardest part. With this one you have to keep a daily log with gas receipts, hotel and food receipts while on the road and maintenance records and receipts. I will have quite a stack when this ride is through. At about 94,000 right now :)

I did a SS1000 in '05. Long summer day with the worse helmet hair of my life. My son framed my certificate along with a great picture of my bike and that little decal on a beautiful blue mat that compliments my '03 Illusion Blue very well. It hangs in my office and is one of my most prized possessions (mainly because my son made it).

I can see a BB1500 or BBG1500 in my future.

Give it a try this summer, Ziggy.

Sounds interesting...what rides are you planning on doing?[/quote]

Ziggy,

My brothers & I will be riding through the six surrounding states & all 23 counties of Wyoming over Memorial day. You should plan on joining us. You will be able to qualify for a SS 1000 & BB 1500, if you really want to push the BB could be a BBG!

Plan on joining us, it's a great way to see the new state you're living in!

Blue's

Sleddog

KA7W,
It is cold enough down here for me. I have to chip out the ice for the hummingbirds. I heard the earth is 2 degrees warmer. Huh, could have fooled me.

I went for a walk this morning and had to ware my ridding gear to stay warm. Guess I'll just drink coffee at home. Its too cold to ride down to the coffee shop, and on that note the place burned down Saturday night. Hmmm, going to have to eat up the street again. :x
I haven't noticed a blue trike, but I'll watch for her and wave.

My internet has been down for a couple of days. I have never ridden the gap and would certainly not even attempt what yellowolf accomplished my hat is off to him.

I am Chip Eeds from Burns Flat Oklahoma...I think I have been mistaken for another Chip on the board. I have been to the top of Pikes Peak and meet some great folks up there but came down alone. I have been to Aztec NM and my stepfather was a crop duster growing up but although I may know Tom I believe he has me confused with someone I would like to meet.

I never sent in my paperwork, I did follow all procedures, so I have not been invited to any IBA ride. Thanks // chip eeds

Tom,

When I clicked on the site: http://www.ironbutt.org/forum/default.asp my PC-cillin picked up a virus, called "EXP EXECOD.A" which infected a file called exp4[1].htm
I am assuming it came from the above web site, which also could not be located. PC-cillin couldn't clean or quarantine the file, so I deleted the file.

highdob said:
This is just my opinion and not meant to stir up controversy.

I finally received my IBA certificate this month. My IBA ride was June 3, 2006. One of my buddies on the trip received his paperwork in early November. My check cleared the bank in September, 2006.

I have come to the conclusion that accomplishing the ride with a group of friends is reward enough. The IBA takes way, way to long to process the paperwork for me to ever send in any more documents for their approval. And finally, the quality of the certificate surely isn't worth the price paid. I can make better certificates on my laptop.
I have an idea... why don't you volunteer to help ??? I bet they would welcome your expertise.. since they don't get paid for what they do..
maybe you will appreciate the IBA more........

cosmic

Discussion starter · #53 ·
I have an idea... why don't you volunteer to help ??? I bet they would welcome your expertise.. since they don't get paid for what they do..
maybe you will appreciate the IBA more........
cosmic
Hmmmmmmm......... I don't recall claiming to be any kind of expert.

However, if I volunteer, does that mean I get a share of the certificate sales, a share of the t-shirt sales, and a share of the pin and patch sales????? That could mean hundreds of dollars just for volunteering...
or are you getting all that dough and the volunteers get nothing?

Dave TMA said:
I am 70 years old and riding 2 up is a test for an old mans abillity to keep the Goldwing upright after 1,000 miles.
Dave TMA
Bravo Dave! I can only hope to be so lucky when I am your age! And to have someone to roll with you makes it that much sweeter!!

highdob said:
This is just my opinion and not meant to stir up controversy.

I finally received my IBA certificate this month. My IBA ride was June 3, 2006. One of my buddies on the trip received his paperwork in early November. My check cleared the bank in September, 2006.

I have come to the conclusion that accomplishing the ride with a group of friends is reward enough. The IBA takes way, way to long to process the paperwork for me to ever send in any more documents for their approval. And finally, the quality of the certificate surely isn't worth the price paid. I can make better certificates on my laptop.
your last sentence sure states you can do better doesn't it ?

cosmic

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.