GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made my first ever Iron Butt ride last summer going from Southern Indiana to North central Montana. About 300 miles into the ride I was cruising along at about 70 and felt the bike become a little sluggish. As I slowed down the front became very unstable and I managed to stop upright to find my front tire had sheared the valve stem almost off. I was in the middle of nowhere but managed to limp into Hannibal Mo. The tire had gotten hot but the Bridgestone Battlax BT45 kept me from going down and got me to safety. I got a tire shop to install a new valve stem the next morning and was on my way. Unfortunately my planned 1500 mile Bunburner ride turned into a Saddlesore 1000 but the remainder of the trip went well with the exception of a massive thunderstorm at midnight crossing into Montana. All in all I had a blast and honestly feel using that BT45 on the front saved my life. Thanks Darkside.........

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
+1 Isn't it great not having to worry about problems with tires and changing them every 7ooo miles anymore:thumbup:

Montana thunderstorm at night:eek:4:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts