GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amy and I are thinking of doing an Iron Butt ride tomorrow or Sunday...starting in Muskego and going around the lake...anyone interested in going with?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ride safe you guys....we ran into lots of traffic yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Ride safe you guys....we ran into lots of traffic yesterday

I really dislike riding on holiday weekends , this is why I choose wisely which days and times I ride . Yesterday 2pm was too late noon would have been better to get home . Today not riding , Sunday is fine for me if I stay away from major tourist spots .
Many years of riding and too many close calls on holidays has made me a little hard core about when and where .

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I totally agree....I am riding with extra caution today....no hurry to get anywhere...

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
please be careful all weekend, past experience says Friday and Monday are usually the worst :thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a great time started at 5:00 A.M. got back at 11:30 P.M. Put on 1,040mi. est.. Will do the paper work today for iron butt.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
We had a great time started at 5:00 A.M. got back at 11:30 P.M. Put on 1,040mi. est.. Will due the paper work to day for iron butt.
Congrats on the IRON BUTT ride. :bow:

Your wife can also become an IBA member by being a passenger..........in case you did not know that. :lol:

ps: I did a Lake Michigan SS1000 a couple of years ago in the fall and the scenery was outstanding.

gramps

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Awesome job you guys...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had vary little traffic around lake Michigan, and the U.P. was dead. Had a close call in Chicago
a car came in my lane:shrug:All and all fun trip..Amy will due the ABI for passenger.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
We had vary little traffic around lake Michigan, and the U.P. was dead. Had a close call in Chicago
a car came in my lane:shrug:All and all fun trip..Amy will due the ABI for passenger.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I went through the U.P. early season last year and same thing....different story on the 4th of July weekend though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts