GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are in South-Florida you may have seen the story about Bob Amchir passing away. Bob and his son Dave stopped by our store occasionally.

They were the leader of the "Wings of Gold" motorcycle club. It is an all bikes club and they are the group that has been putting on the local Toy Run for the last 20 years. It draws about 30,000 bikes each year and they have raised over 26 million dollars for the Joe Dimaggio Childrens Hospital.

Well Bob had a toothache in November and went to the doctor and they determined he had leaukemia. His funeral was today and the Annual Toy Run is tomorrow.

They would spend half the year working on the Toy Run and were really dedicated to it. Bob will be missed.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
A man is known by the legacy he leaves....obviously Bob has left a large one. God speed to his family and those that continue on with the run. Something tells me tomorrow will be an emotional one.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
It sounds like he and his family were really good people. I am sure he will me missed and also remembered for his kind heart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts