GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, Florida is hurting. This is just another push to help support the Regional Transit System and justify increasing bus service for the students. It is typical here in Gainesville. Drive less they increase gas tax, use less energy in your home and the Gainesville owned utility raises it rates, Commissioners do not have enough to spend so they raise millage rates, and slap with you a Fire Assessment Fee. Charlie Christ lowered property taxes thinking it would help property owners and stimulate the purchase of property. As a result, local governments would get less in tax money from the State to support themselves. Instead of local Governments and the State living within its budget, new fees were thought up, rates were raised and taxes increased to recoup their revenue and continue with their spending.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I thought all those millions Florida gets from the lottery was to go DIRECTLY to education !! What happened, did the lying, cheating, politician bastards find a way to funnel off that money also ?I am so sick of politicians who constantly increase taxes so the government can give it all away to the lazy no accounts on welfare who won't even TRY to get a job. The govenment is constantly stealing money from the Social Security fund, and cutting benefits for Medicare and Medicaid for the elderly who worked ALL their lives, and PAID IN all their working lives. It just makes me sick. Sorry for the rant, and yes I know we're not suppose to talk politics on this thread. If you must Mr. Moderator, pull this !!!! I apologize to all !!!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Yes, Florida is hurting. This is just another push to help support the Regional Transit System and justify increasing bus service for the students. It is typical here in Gainesville. Drive less they increase gas tax, use less energy in your home and the Gainesville owned utility raises it rates, Commissioners do not have enough to spend so they raise millage rates, and slap with you a Fire Assessment Fee. Charlie Christ lowered property taxes thinking it would help property owners and stimulate the purchase of property. As a result, local governments would get less in tax money from the State to support themselves. Instead of local Governments and the State living within its budget, new fees were thought up, rates were raised and taxes increased to recoup their revenue and continue with their spending.
Interesting take.....Same thing is happening in Polk County, Lakeland Electric, preaches use less, result, rate hikes. Citizens are screwed no matter what.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I thought all those millions Florida gets from the lottery was to go DIRECTLY to education !! What happened, did the lying, cheating, politician bastards find a way to funnel off that money also ?I am so sick of politicians who constantly increase taxes so the government can give it all away to the lazy no accounts on welfare who won't even TRY to get a job. The govenment is constantly stealing money from the Social Security fund, and cutting benefits for Medicare and Medicaid for the elderly who worked ALL their lives, and PAID IN all their working lives. It just makes me sick. Sorry for the rant, and yes I know we're not suppose to talk politics on this thread. If you must Mr. Moderator, pull this !!!! I apologize to all !!!
Do not pull, Mr. Moderator, this speaks truth. I do believe many of us are just "fed up", but what to do? Vote is about our only recourse, but does it really do any good? One wonders.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Too late, my older daughter just started UF last week :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts