GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fact 1 : 4 orders placed with HDL

2. problem with 3 , havn't recieved 4th yet.

1st order was for two flags for the antennas, one flag did not come with the plastic mounting hardware, emailed them , never heard from them till I posted it here, then i recieved a pm to call them. Not real convinent since I work during their hours. Flag is still sitting in my trunk, waste of money. Never resolved.

2nd order, should have stopped with the first...Tires E-3's didnt get them of course, didnt even get a email saying they were backordered, I emailed them, never got a reply...6 weeks later I got the rear but still no front, funny but I found a front from another source and recieved it today, three days after ordering it, I will be canceling the order from HDL for the front...That is if i ever get in touch with them.

3 Spark plugs and air filter....Crap they send me three Fing plugs...no backorders. What motorcycle uses three plugs? I am really ticked about this foul up, when I order them on line it automatically put two down, so if I selected 3 it actually shows up as 6, right price and everything, when I sent order it was for 140+ for 6 plugs and 1 airfilter, well I get my order from ups today and they only charged me for 3 , of course I only recieved three, so much for the weekend ride. i do not know where the disconect is but no more for me, maybe in this case it would have paid to visit the dealer.

The last order is for tire stems, now Im not sure what will happen with this order, i will prob get three spark plugs....

Oh as far as customer service, I did call once to ask about my front tire, the guy I talked to implied that he had other things to do than tell me when I could expect my front tire..Oh well , the other company likes my money just as well.

I am sure most have a very good experience with HDL and if I could ever get a reply from them I am sure they will resolve my problems...but it is wasting my time to have to check on every order, or call and wait on hold , or wait for my email to never be answered.

In closing it is a sitution like this that makes me think back to other posts where folks say to support your local dealer, they are definantly more expensive , but are more likely not to have as many problems. I have never had such bad luck ordering on line.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
did you bother to pick up the phone to call

Hal Has his fone number as his sig line ???

I never had a problem with HDL, but I'm lucky like that :lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
None of the local dealers around here keep anything in stock. They order it for you and it takes 3 to 4 weeks for your item to arrive at full suggested retail price. Then you have to spend time going back to the dealer and picking your order up. With my schedule it could take another 3 to 4 weeks before I would be able to find time to make it back to my local dealer. The closest is 45 minutes away from my house. I just prefer to order from the comfort of my own home, wait the 2, 3, 4 weeks or whatever and have the order delivered to my door. Not to mention the savings which can be as high as 50% off the local price in some cases. Its a matter of personal preferences I suppose.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sorry about your order

Personally I have ordered 3 times from Hal, and have gotten everything in a timely manner, so myself, I have no problem with the delivery or billing of items from the online store.

You, obviously, had a problem with your order, and it really sounds like things got wacked up on their end. But as someone mentioned in a previous reply, Hal's number is on his sig line, and he has made it plain as day, if you are having a problem with your order, call him.

Now if you called him, and still got bad service or whatever, then the title to your post is appropriate. If you were in business and sold someone something and they were unhappy, wouldn't you rather they deal directly with you to get it taken care of instead of doing as you did?

Just think you should have waited before blasting someone and given the guy a chance to look into why your order was getting screwed up.

There has been a couple of examples just in the last 4-5 days where someone had a problem with an order, and finally called Hal and it was taken care of pretty quick, if you were a regular reader on this board you would have known that. But since you have reacted the way you did, good luck, Hal, if contacted, or if he sees your post will probably take care of you or do what he can to make it right, I'm just sorry you didn't give him a chance first before throwing up all over the board.
Dennis

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess no one can read, of course I called and I stated the response , I also stated that his hours of work and mine are similiar , as far as i know it is not a 24 hour operation , therefore calling ...lets say now does no good. The facts are the facts. As I stated if I can get in touch I am sure it will be resolved, but getting in touch is the problem now, If folks would read the part about no response to the 4 emails I sent , or the one time I did get through on the phone and disturbed whomever I was talking to about a question I had ect....

I am glad the majority of people have a good experience I am stating that 3 out of 4 have not been good, the 4th is yet to be decided.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've ordered on four occassions and only until this last order did anything show up as backordered!!!

In general, you order it and you get it! Unfortunately, there are those occassions when you have an issue and it looks like it's happened to you! Take 10 minutes of your lunch time and call them on their 800 number!!

HDL is a standup vendor and will make it right with anything in their power!!

Theres my $02

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
hennigm4 said:
Crap they send me three Fing plugs...no backorders. What motorcycle uses three plugs?
My bike uses three plugs!!! In fact, I've had a number of triples!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
634 Posts
As children . . . my siblings and I were subjected to a never ending drill on practicing the old 101 rules for appropriate behavior in polite company.

We grew tired of the regiment, . . .

but, . . . you know . . . those old rules can guide one . . . in such terribly trying situations.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I understand your frustration as I had a similar experience (with an order from another boards) a different reatailer of Wing Parts.

As I can see by your post you have been around here for a long time and I am sure that is where some of your frustration comes from. I am not going to scold you like a child for posting your feelings as since Hal has said that we all need a little thicker skin here, and I am not admonishing any repliers to your post, I think that you may get the help you need to solve your problem by PM ing Hal directly as he really is a good guy and seems to do his best to help out all in need.

He would probably even call you if you give him your number to help resolve your issue.

Dont give up on anything just yet.
Give all involved another chance!

KCButch

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
PunkinWing said:
hennigm4 said:
Crap they send me three Fing plugs...no backorders. What motorcycle uses three plugs?
My bike uses three plugs!!! In fact, I've had a number of triples!!! :lol: :lol:
you always were "odd"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
He had a problem, he reported it by email and got no response. They take orders for things they don't have in stock to sell and do not communicate with you at all as to when you can expect it.

I don't think he, as the custmer, owes anyone a phone call before he shares his frustration whether it be with his family, friends, or on this board - don't think there are any rules against it.

The beauty of ordering online is not to have to make phone calls during business hours but to point and click and it shows up at your door in a reasonable time or to be communicated with as to when to expect delivery.

Yes, people make mistakes, but if more than an email is required to get an online business to address a simple issue then their service reputation is going to take a hit. The paying customer has every right to complain in any shape, form or fashion that they choose and the broken record "you should have called Hal" response is getting old. How about having all the emails sent in with questions on orders just routed to Hal to begin with.

I'm a big HDL customer but I hate their lack of communicating anything to you on backorders and if on top of that they did not respond to emails regarding my order I'd be less than happy too.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey... who said you can talk that way about my hubby..... No more Jack and coke for you.... one year!

Melissa

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
J-mac said:
PunkinWing said:
hennigm4 said:
you always were "odd"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:
And damn proud too!! If 6 cylinders is fast, is three cylinders half fast?? Wanna find out, ask Dawg!! :lol: :lol:
Zooooom, Duck, Duck GOOSE!!!!!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I had a problem last year with HDL.

partial order received. The enclosed printed bill was only half printed out, so I could not read it to know what was going on. Could not get through on the phone lines to HDL

Contacted Hal.... problem was corrected the next day.

Now I am nervous though.......

I ordered spark plugs on the Labor day sale. Received email the package shipped. Wonder how many plugs i will get? 3 , 6 or 9 . LOL

H

·
0 Posts
I try hard to make sure that we take care of problems but I can't help if you don't contact me. All of my info is on every post I have ever made on here.

My cell number has rung at very strange hours by people who need something taken care of. I would be glad to do the same for you but you have to let me know.

And I have had some people say that they shouldn't have to call me to get good service. Well we aren't a multi-layered company that has assisstants to the assisstants. Its everyone that answers the phone and me. So if you have an issue I may not be able to solve it but I will know who can. Its my job to help in situations like this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've ordered 4 times from HDL had the wrong color shipped, but one call and everthing was worked out just fine. I will admit that this order my crush washers were backordered they sent me an e-mail saying when they would ship, but I can wait as I still have about 2000 miles left before oil change. :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I refer all others to Joker guy, well said. I am not giving up and will prob order again, hopefully these problems will be corrected, just as a test go to the site , go to gl1800 and in the search engine type in spark plugs, then select 1 as qauntity, I did this on three pc's and got the same thing, it shows 2 on the order page with the correct pricing for 2 , any one else notice this?
?

The biggest frustration is I wanted to change all six plugs tommoro , in the dark after work....changing 3 in the dark just doesnt seem worth while.....It will only run half as good. Another thing is I ordered durring the 10% labor day sale, so when I order what I hope will be three more I lose that little tiny bit of savings that I could probably almost get a gallon of gas with....

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Sassy said:
Hey... who said you can talk that way about my hubby..... No more Jack and coke for you.... one year!

Melissa
thank gawd, i drink capt'n Morgan BWHAHAAHAHAHA

H

·
0 Posts
hennigm4 said:
I refer all others to Joker guy, well said. I am not giving up and will prob order again, hopefully these problems will be corrected, just as a test go to the site , go to gl1800 and in the search engine type in spark plugs, then select 1 as qauntity, I did this on three pc's and got the same thing, it shows 2 on the order page with the correct pricing for 2 , any one else notice this?
?

The biggest frustration is I wanted to change all six plugs tommoro , in the dark after work....changing 3 in the dark just doesnt seem worth while.....It will only run half as good. Another thing is I ordered durring the 10% labor day sale, so when I order what I hope will be three more I lose that little tiny bit of savings that I could probably almost get a gallon of gas with....
Just let us know what the problem is when you call and we will throw in the gallon of gas.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
hennigm4 said:
?

Just let us know what the problem is when you call and we will throw in the gallon of gas.
the problem is my service truck only gets 11 MPG...........when can I expect that gallon :wink: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts