GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are leaving tomorrow from Ohio and driving down to San Antonio to visit relatives. We were thinking about trailering our Wing so we could do some Hill Country riding in and around the family visiting. Temperature highs next week appear to be 95 - 100. As cold blooded northerners not used to temperature much higher than the low 90's -- not sure what the comfort level is riding at the higher temperatures. Also not sure how the humidity is running in Texas. We can stand heat, but humidity is a killer on these old bones. Any thoughts?

(Note: I know some of you long distance riders are wondering why we aren't just riding down -- answer wife's back limits riding time and distance plus we just can't leave the dogs at home. :) )

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, RP, our Valkyrie group is riding Kerrville the weekend of Oct. 7-9. I live near Houston, so riding in the heat is what I am used to.
I believe as long as you and your wife don't ride between 2-6 p.m. you will be OK. Ride early in the morning if at all possible.

At least it isn't over 100 deg. like it was 3 weeks ago. :)

Hope you enjoy the roads in and around Kerrville, TX.

Hay :cool:
Jimmyt

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
No worry, the heat usually burns the humidity out of the air. Not too shabby for the end of the 10 day. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Leakey+TX+USTX0746

BTW if you venture to Leakey, and you will if you ride the 3 sisters, it is pronounced Lake-e. Don't ask how many times Ive been corrected. LOL The Leakey motorcycle Stop has a good burger and t shirts, as well as rthe Garvin Store on the opposite corner of the ride. Have fun and drink lots of water, and watch out for the deer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts