GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Street Pilot 2720 became possessed. Sometimes it would work fine, other times it acted like an inner demon was pushing buttons and playing with the screen. I replaced it with a zumo 660.
Now I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to try and sell.
I have:
1. Street Pilot 2720 registered in my name and can be "unregistered" good for parts?
2. AC Adapter
3. Car Power Cord
4. Car Bean Bag Mount
5. Motorcycle Cradle with security key (Cradle only)
6. Motorcycle power cord
7. Remote Control
8. Original Owners Manual

Any Idea what I should ask for it or if it is worth selling at all? :shrug:

Thanks
RevJonG

·
Registered
336 Posts
I will send you the shipping costs and something for handling . Interestered? pm me for address and info

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Hey Rev, you didn't by chance put a screen protector film over the screen did you? Reason I ask, is I did and after awhile it messed up and would cause the thing to start changing on me. So on a trip back home from Arkansas I got tiffed at it and tossed it in the ditch going down the interstate. Bought me another one, then to find out from a fellow member here "Galute" that I should have just pulled the piece of thick see thru film off the screen and all would be well. LOL
:agree:try it before you dump it...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Garmin usually will fix what is wrong for about $150... You get a reconditioned unit .... Good deal if you like the way the unit works....

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I've read that grit will get trapped between the case and face of the digitizer, causing erratic behavior. Simply running a strip of 35 mm film in the crack ~1/4" deep all around may clean it out. Or not. Certainly worth the try. Google StreetPilot digitizer fix and you should get plenty of easy repair tips. ry the easy ones, at least it would make it sell better. I love my 2730, and will be very upset when it finally quits.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Street Pilot 2720 became possessed. Sometimes it would work fine, other times it acted like an inner demon was pushing buttons and playing with the screen. I replaced it with a zumo 660.
Now I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to try and sell.
I have:
1. Street Pilot 2720 registered in my name and can be "unregistered" good for parts?
2. AC Adapter
3. Car Power Cord
4. Car Bean Bag Mount
5. Motorcycle Cradle with security key (Cradle only)
6. Motorcycle power cord
7. Remote Control
8. Original Owners Manual

Any Idea what I should ask for it or if it is worth selling at all? :shrug:

Thanks
RevJonG
I just paid $50, including shipping, for one on Craigs list to replace one I broke by dropping it. Garmin told me that they will not fix or provide refurbished units for the 2720 because it is so old.

If it is defective I would not sell it but drop it in the trash.

Just my 2 cents

·
15 year Member
6,930 Posts
I just paid $50, including shipping, for one on Craigs list to replace one I broke by dropping it. Garmin told me that they will not fix or provide refurbished units for the 2720 because it is so old.

If it is defective I would not sell it but drop it in the trash.

Just my 2 cents

take it out to the gun range and shoot holes in it, I did it after a defective smoke alarm kept going off for no reason, I put a battery in it and when it started to go off, well let's just say it didn't feel a thing, but I felt better!!!

Matt(BCNV):eek:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Try washing off screen with soap and water. Residue from dirty fingers and gloves caused my problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good one Matt

Always nice to wake up in the morning to a good laugh. May I suggest you should be one of those fellows who does not carry on your wing. Those electronics can do strange things. I would hate to see you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
19,378 Posts
Garmin no longer refurbs this 8 year old design. I have a poor working 2720 thrown in a drawer, Trash it and buy a more modern unit

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'd be interested in the: 6. Motorcycle power cord

1 - 15 of 15 Posts