GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm glad they don't fly with passengers in a remote control chopper...
I fly rc planes... the chopers fascinate me, but I dont have the $ for them...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Galewing I didnt see a motorcycle in there but i did see alan zsabo throwing down with what looked like his old raptor 90.

to keep this on topic my t rex (heli) fits in the trunk of my trike very well.

are you or any of the other members on here by chance rc heli pilots

I started flying them in the 80s when my daughter was born. due to my wife thinking the helis would be cheaper an safer than motorcycles. little did she know or my self that after one year with out a bike. I was ready for a strait jacket every time i heard or seen a bike. so i went an bought another bike and a trailer to tow the helis in behind it :D :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have been flying R/C planes and helis for quite a few years now. It takes hours and hours of pratce just to learn to hover an R/C heli. Then many more hours to be able to just fly around in a circle right side up. I am to the point now that I can do the usual stuff, rolls, flips, inverted hovering and a little inverted flying. That guy has got to be one of the best! Oh yea I didn't see the bike either.
Pap

·
Registered
270 Posts
bike

I saw the bike.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I saw a gold one on one of Flip that house, from California.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
At first I thought this guy was out of control and didn't know what he was doing. I don't know how he doesn't crash this thing... I'm sure he crashed many getting this good. Reminds me of a dragon fly on steroids and acid.

Pretty awesome!

I didn't see a bike... and this bike didn't see the deer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxR9BvkHAU

One can spend an entire day on YouTube. :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Grumpy one, I've been into R/C since I was a teenager, I'm 58 now. Started flying helis in 1973, when they were just getting started. Did the FAI thing for several years, got to know a lot of nice people like the Youngbloods and Cliff Hiatt. I have learned some 3D along the way, but I'm not great at it. My interists the last couple of years have finally started going back to airplanes, with 3D airplanes being the main focas. The last six months have seen a lot of 3D foamy flying, I can finally hover one well enough to do an air catch most every time. I still fly helis, just not as much. Got a new Minature Fury Extreme I need to finish, that may spark my interest again. A friend has a T Rex SE we plan to build this spring, if it 3Ds better than the other small electrics I've flown, I may even get one of those. Right now the new 07 Wing is taking up a large amout of my available time, and time is even harder to come by than money for all these toys. OBTW, I have met Alan Szabo several times, and he is simply amazing, one of the top three or four 3D pilots out there. On top of that he is one of the most well mannered young men I have ever met. A pleasure to talk to and watch fly.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Nope, no bike! :D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
tomfranken said:
Anyone else thinking "Drunk Dragonfly"?
My thoughts, prexackly. I fly RC but like fixed wing due to the more graceful nature of their flight. Granted it takes a good set of thumbs to fly an RC Heilo but I get bored watching one as soon as it leaves the ground. Guess that's why I can't stand to watch or play video games.

Oh, they really look ungraceful when they end up like this... Note this is a turbine version, BIG bucks...

·
Registered
172 Posts
DRUNK DRAGON FLY
thats good havent heard them called that before ill have to remember that one :)

Hey ALLEN i have to agree with you ive met an talked to a lot of the top flyers at various fun flys an most are good people

Dwight Schilling lives about an hour from me he is also a real asset to the hobby he also has owned a couple of wings over the years

I think you would like the t rex i dont know what small electrics you flown but it dosnt fly like the Blades or Night rangers its more like a squirrely small nitro mostly because of its small size natually

I am still working on my backwards inverted im not a great 3DR an never will be but the t rex will do it all with authority

One of the good things is it fits in to a wings trunk i throw it in the trunk an enjoy the ride to the field fly some then go for a ride for lunch

·
Registered
172 Posts
TEXAS BLACK BIRD

That is what they look like after they do what a lot of people call the (chicken dance of death). the dance is not pretty either. The main blades alone on that heli are about $ 200.00 I am just guessing but that looks like about a $ 1400.00 crash :cry: as that whole set up is in the neighbor hood of about $ 7000.00 new but it is very fix able you just throw lots of money at it :) which i dont have

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
All I've got to say is that if that were a real heli, someone would have to have a pretty stout stomach - burp! Got seasick just lookin' at that thing.

Mesquite Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts