GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Near the end of our 1000 mile trip my wife asked me that. We were loaded way down with our Autolinx 'bird' on the back (also very loaded). The tire was doing great at 30 lbs so I bumped it up to 34 lbs and it still did great. It was a challenge to check it at the gas station. On the centerstand, the tire still was solid on the ground. But it rode great the whole way, even at 80 mph on the highway. I forget it's back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Near the end of our 1000 mile trip my wife asked me that. We were loaded way down with our Autolinx 'bird' on the back (also very loaded). The tire was doing great at 30 lbs so I bumped it up to 34 lbs and it still did great. It was a challenge to check it at the gas station. On the centerstand, the tire still was solid on the ground. But it rode great the whole way, even at 80 mph on the highway. I forget it's back there.

Which is how it should be.

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Dino do you realize your wife looks a bit like an eagle?:joke: :lol: Forgetting it's back there is a great feeling when your fairly new at the Darkside thing. Tire wearing great for you ?

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That sounds great to me! I am surprised you didn't get pulled over for having your licensee plate obstructed! But am glad you didn't, may depend on where you are!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tire's wearing great. Thanks. Yes she's my 'biker chick'. Regarding the license obstruction, I see your concern. But fortunately no officer has ever pulled me over for it. It does block the plate well (lol) but when I have it hooked on, I never speed or ride reckless.

thanks

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Biker Chick :lol::thumbup: I see I did make an influence on you ;) sorry :cool:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
The attached photo is definitely of a 1500 Wing. And then I see you're running a 205?? And then I see you've upgraded the bike, but not the pic. Way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts