GL1800Riders Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, it does but there’s a slight design flaw. Well before you reach the full forward location the bottom of the backrest bottoms out on the seat. The backrest needs to sit about 1/8” higher than it does to reach the full extent of the forward adjustment. I adjusted mine to where I can rest on it and still reach the bars but it’s wedged into the seat. Maybe over time the foam in the backrest or seat will relax a bit.
Agree backrest not ideal but think I can just about use the rest and reach the handlebars. Only trouble is I can't get the rubber locator plugs back into the holes provided !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got the OEM backrest, JMO I like the look over the other backrest I have seen. When I first got it, I thought, This going to take getting use too after having a Utopia on my 05. After having the Wingsoft upgrade the backrest feels a lot better. I think because they took out that slant in the seat that Honda had put in.

·
Registered
554 Posts
"Only trouble is I can't get the rubber locator plugs back into the holes provided !!"
Give the 3 plugs a shot of Armour-All and they'll pop in much easier.

·
Registered
77 Posts
5 1/2 back surgeries for me. Fused, screws, rods, and cables in lower back and 2 neck surgeries with the same hardware. Can't ride without a back rest.
Now the Golden Years are here. Ha ha!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts