GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be in the wrong forum, but here goes...
Is there a way to filter out certain forums?
I usually come in and just click on 'view posts since last login'.
And really love that feature! but I would love to be able to tell it to totally ignore the 'Honda vs. Harley' forum. Is there anyway to do that!?

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Set your finger so that it won't click the mouse button on those threads.

·
Registered
552 Posts
PoleCat said:
Set your finger so that it won't click the mouse button on those threads.
Yep... just like Polecat says. You need to train your finger so it don't click on the mouse button. Another thing that works real well is to get yourself a set of those horse blinders that the sulky races wear and set them so that you only read the threads that you trained your mouse finger to click. :roll:

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,684 Posts
I put my black vest over my computer screen.......it filters pretty well.

Bob E.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I love about this place... within minutes I get three totally useless responses!

Sid,
Install went ok, but aiming still needs to bee tweeked! I'll try to PM you some pics tonight when I get home.(If I remember)

·
Chard Member
13,071 Posts
daver said:
That's what I love about this place... within minutes I get three totally useless responses!

Sid,
Install went ok, but aiming still needs to bee tweeked! I'll try to PM you some pics tonight when I get home.(If I remember)
What they were trying to say is NO. There is no way to do what you're wanting to do.

How about that? Does that work for you? LOL....

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,684 Posts
daver said:
daver,

Sorry they were useless to you. Actually, I got a good chuckle out of PC's and azrodehard's responses. Hopefully, someone will have a little grin from mine as well. Red, yours made me grin as well.

Guess we all have to take the good with the bad since we can't filter. :)

Bob E.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
daver said:
This may be in the wrong forum, but here goes...
Is there a way to filter out certain forums?
I usually come in and just click on 'view posts since last login'.
And really love that feature! but I would love to be able to tell it to totally ignore the 'Honda vs. Harley' forum. Is there anyway to do that!?
One way the might help is to create shortcuts to only the forums you want to see. Or, easier yet, is don't click where you don't want to go.

Now, is there a way to filter out threads you don't to see? Some forums have that feature. The hijack and crush washer thread come to mind.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Can't filter if you click on 'view posts since last login'.

But you can control differently. Don't click on 'view posts since last login'.

Instead click on General MC Message Board or Tech or Trailer - whichever one you are interested in. The new ones since last visit are hilighted and you can click them if of interest or ignore them if not.

The key here is to click the Mark all topics read before going on to next category.

This way you can always avoid the Harley or Off Topic or Trike or whatever you are not interested in. Can even avoid certain "AUTHORS" if you choose. :p

Works for me. Give it a try

·
Registered
868 Posts
Red,

You must lie awake at night thinking up these little tidbits of humor :) --- Most of your responses are funny. Even some that wasn't intended to be :):):)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I put the boards in my Favorites list. I have a folder titled Motorcycle Boards. It takes me directly to the board that I choose to view. I do that because it reduces the number of steps required to get to what I want.

My screen is sized so I have my Favorites open all of the time.

·
Chard Member
13,071 Posts
Alabama IronButt said:
Red,

You must lie awake at night thinking up these little tidbits of humor :) --- Most of your responses are funny. Even some that wasn't intended to be :):):)
Being a LEO and landlord most of my life I probably look at life different than most! I can get my point across with fewer words than most. Being "PC" isn't something I've worried about. No, I don't stay awake at night! LOL.... You're going to give me a complex. :shock:

So....... :a13: ROFL

They're coming to take me away hee hee haw haw to the funny farm with trees and flowers and chirping birds.........

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
But they fit the question very well...... :roll:

Filter it with the OFF switch.......

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
richard h said:
I put the boards in my Favorites list. I have a folder titled Motorcycle Boards. It takes me directly to the board that I choose to view. I do that because it reduces the number of steps required to get to what I want.

My screen is sized so I have my Favorites open all of the time.
That was a little inaccurate. :oops: I should have said that I put the FORUM in my Favorites list. :oops:

That gets me directly to the FORUM that I want without having to wade through all of the stuff that I don't care to see. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts