GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are threads on this forum that discuss how to DISABLE the lock on the RIGHT fairing pocket, I'm interested in how to LOCK the left front storage compartment. Anyone ever done this or know of a way to lock the door, either by key or by some other ( discreet ) means. Thanks

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Never heard of this ! Good Luck

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Why be discreet?

·
Registered
171 Posts
superglue :joke:

·
Registered
197 Posts
ElBando, I've been interested as well in this subject. Sometimes I like leaving my Ipod in the left fairing pocket and don't like the hassle of having to remove it when I leave the bike. I'm interested in hearing from others who may have performed this mod. Thanks for bringing the subject up.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why be discreet?
Be being " discreet " I meant if a key lock wasn't practical then maybe a hidden button or cord, etc. to activate the lock.

R

·
0 Posts
Key words are "mailbox lock". Any good locksmith should be able to fit one for that pocket.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Most RV dealers sell small lock for the luggage compartments on the sides of the RV. The locks have a metal tab on the part that goes on the inside of the (pocket) in this case, and turns 90 degrees to latch inside a slot on the inside part of the pocket.

However, the lid on the Left pocket on the Wing, is made of such flimsy plastic, that it is probaby not worth locking it. The hinges are made of thin plastic and could be snapped easier than a pencil.
I hate to pour water on such a good idea, and if the pocket lid and the interior were substatial, I would lock mine in a heart beat.
In this case, IMHO, and I'm sorry to say it, but it would be a waste of time and effort to put a lock on it.

Harry.

Hang in there Bev, you can do it !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts