GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after loooooong discussions and brain storming I decided to go with the 04 Candy Black Cherry w/ABS.

Honda of Milpitas gave out the door price: $ 18,290.00

( Remember this is out the door price & includes the taxes and fees and all the other mambo-jumbo )

So, is this a good price ?

I am going to pick up the bike by Tuesday (2/17/04) morning and ride back to home...

Thanks for all the help and advise guys...

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
when i was searching for my new one a few months ago, milpitas and la cycle were the best prices. it hard to compare with all the tax and fees added in. i compared the prices of the base machine and you need to add the tax and things anyway, no matter where its purshased.

loren

·
Registered
191 Posts
Friend of mine just got a new Titanium '04 in PA for $16,800 out the door which is the same as they are going for here in FL. This includes 6% PA sales tax plus tag & title transfer. You need some dealers in CA that aren't working on becoming millionaires overnight.

.. Sue

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sue;

was that a 04 Titanium with ABS ? I mean out the door that's great price a new wing with ABS.

Even I have nearly 8% tax over here that still makes a quite $$$ difference...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sumter, SC (Honda of Sumter) = $15,100 Non ABS ( I dont know how much more ABS would run you)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I choose to have Red or Black it was going to be $17,900 OTD. But I choose the fancy color I guess...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd have to agree with BRIANSC about Honda of Sumter in South Carolina. Ted Lowe won't haggle and over the phone gave me a cash price of $15,100.00 for NON/ABS 03 bought in July 03. My OTD price was $15,400.00 with SC tax of $300.00 added in. Price of tags was included. If I remember correctly the "other colors" were only about $200.00 more. I think his 04's are priced the same but wouldn't swear to it. Phone number is (803) 469-3598 if anyone is interested.

http://www.hondaofsumter.com/

I think it was only an extra 1k for the ABS model. Not too sure it would be worth flying in for it. You should be able to find something pretty close to where you are. I remember seeing something in a mag about LA.

This might be a worthwhile call for someone shopping around in the Ga, SC, NC area.

Enjoy
Richard

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Congrats Jim....Tuesday WILL get here....and for getting what you want, it's a good price. Even if it is not the fastest color :D Maybe you could just swing through Phoenix on your way home and show off your new baby...I'll by coffee 8) an you can have some AZ sunshine 8)

Now I'm off for a day of ERC practice....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sounds as if you've already made up your mind and bought it. So at this point, price does not matter. All that matters now is that you enjoy the heck out of it and ride like you stole it!! :yes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
New '04

Jim, I dont know if it would be worth your while to shop here, Only because of the distance. I suppose the only way you could make it worth your while is if you had family here that could baby sit her until you came and got her.

If you got the itch as bad as I had it.... Youve already got your 04 in the garage..... am i right??????

Peace Brother, hope to share the road with you some day soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Jim,
I'm with orange Bandit4 on this one. Sounds like you made the big step. There's always a little buyers remorse. You won't regret it! Pick up that bad boy and go!
Pat

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I paid $18,000 otd for my '03 last April, and it's a non-ABS. I think you got a fair price. I think what a lot of the non-California people don't realize is how high the tax rate and the licence fees are here in California. After all, someone has to pay for the health care of all the illegals. :lol:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
just for something to talk about

what is the tax rate on a new wing in california

and how much are the other fees , license, title, anything else

loren

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the well wishes guys.
I would love to meet all of you as soon as possible too.

Tomorrow (Monday 2/16) morning I'll be on my way to Milpitas Honda and after staying there overnight Tuesday morning I'll pick up my new baby.
I'll post the pictures on Wednesday.

Loren after the transaction takes place I'll brake it down all the fees and charges and post it here.

Now it's time to get ready for the road.
:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts