GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a completed final drive, rotor, brake caliper, drive shaft, rim, and tire. All brand new from a take off. Don't know what year, but suppose to all be new. Total delivered to my house was $375.00. Hope this is a good deal. New to the Goldwing and my new to me 05 has around 100000 miles on it. So getting this in case it decides to go out.
thanks, David

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just bought a completed final drive, rotor, brake caliper, drive shaft, rim, and tire. All brand new from a take off. Don't know what year, but suppose to all be new. Total delivered to my house was $375.00. Hope this is a good deal. New to the Goldwing and my new to me 05 has around 100000 miles on it. So getting this in case it decides to go out.
thanks, David

That seems like a fair price.

If the rim has TPMS and the tire is new it can fetch $250 or more on ebay alone. So if you don't need the rim you can sell it and get some of your money back

The drives go from $100 or so.

The rotor and caliper have some value but not very sought after as they typically don't wear out. But if my bike had 100k I would go ahead and throw on the whole new assembly with new pads and call it done.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
If it is off a 2012 of 2013 then it will have the coated wheel. About what I paid for mine. I did the same thing you did and last winter, swapped out the final drive. Not that it needed it, but for peace of mind. I also thru in a low mileage driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thanks, David
Before you use the shaft and you're not sure what model its from 01-05 is the same 06 up is longer all other parts will interchange.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before you use the shaft and you're not sure what model its from 01-05 is the same 06 up is longer all other parts will interchange.
Thanks, will check it. If it is longer I will order the right one and maybe someone will buy the other one. regards, David

·
Registered
824 Posts
In my book, for all you got I think it was a fair price, especially delivered. Someone mentioned the driveshaft and it will be different than your old one,longer I believe but stand to be corrected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts