GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally read to take the plunge and get a used wing. I've been looking for a few weeks and I'm torn between buying now or waiting until spring. I'm wondering if anyone knows if pricing fluctuates a lot in Ohio, due to the weather? Am I likely to get a better deal now than I would it the spring? It seems like prices may be higher due to demand if I wait.

What do you guys think?

I'm leaning towards buying from a dealer, just to simplify things for me. I picked up my V-Star yesterday (from being serviced) and it sounds like it's trade-in value is a little higher than I was expecting, so I'm off to a good start.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
I think it's a buyer's market for used Wings at this time.

Maybe so, but buying from a dealer.....He will be asking top dollar.

grossie
In my opinion I don't think we are in the slow part of the buying season yet. Maybe January and February.
Just curious, what year of Wing are you thinking of? I would stay away from 2001 through 2004. Something else to think about is that some dealers don't want to work on a bike that is over ten years old.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was focusing on 2005-2010 primarily. I will have to find a place to have it worked on. We have a vintage cycle shop that specializes in Gold Wings, but a 2005 or newer doesn't qualify as vintage. :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts