GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I saw this (trike?) in September of 2008 just outside of Lawton, Oklahoma at Mt. Scott.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think it's actually that thing NASA says fell out of space today.

You might want to contact them.
They know it hit this AM but are unsure of exactly where, and are reportedly "scrambling about" looking for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuPtOtGF4TY

CCR circa 1969

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, I believe this was called the Pulsar, built in the 80's if I remember correctly, I saw a couple of these in Colorado back then.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I recall seeing one of those in Dallas from time to time, around Northwest Hwy & Skillman, in the late 80's. IIRC, it has a motorcycle drive-train, but I don't remember what bike it was based on.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Pete Hatfield, Hatfield Motorsports in Iowa, has his one.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
No it's not a trike as it has 4 wheels.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it's not a trike as it has 4 wheels.
The one I saw today was definitely a trike. Had 2 wheels in back and one in the front. I talked to the owner, if you look close at the picture, you'll see him in it. He said it has a 4 cylinder inline, turbo charged, intercooled engine. Has been over 200 mph, It had a 200 mph sticker on it. He has been to Canada a couple of times from his home, here in Texas. It also has heat and A/C and get's over 60 mpg when driven at a reasonable speed.
He was in the parking lot of Harbor Freight in Arlington, Tx.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is it a Trike

You can go to www.autocycles.com and read all about them. There was only 347 ever made and very hard to find. The first few were powered with an 1100cc motor and the rest with a 1200cc motor. Check them out, it is a very interesting article to read.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts