GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this posted on facebook...
The company that produced the gps has been bought out and the new company shut down that part of the business. Unless Honda can get someone else to pick it up there will be no more updates or replacement units. Honda was caught off guard when this happened although had they stayed with Garmin we owners would not be left holding the bag! Last update was 2020.

Anyone know?

• Wow
Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Interesting...

Samsung bought the firm - in 2017.

I think it would take some additional digging around the interwebz to figure out if they did sell the navigation part of the business, who they sold it to -- or, if they simply stopped any further support for those firms (there's a lot besides Honda...) that have their navigations systems.

The part of the business sold recently (April) was guitar amps and pedals.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just saw this posted on facebook...
The company that produced the gps has been bought out and the new company shut down that part of the business. Unless Honda can get someone else to pick it up there will be no more updates or replacement units. Honda was caught off guard when this happened although had they stayed with Garmin we owners would not be left holding the bag! Last update was 2020.

Anyone know?
Not true. Sammy still owns the Nav division.

·
Premium Member
20,319 Posts
I use a external Zumo now. The Honda is not user friendly

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don’t want to double do anything so has anyone contacted Honda on what their solution is for map updates? I assume if they are not providing them so in my opinion owners should be compensated for a system that was paid for and can’t be used. Updates were promised and there has been so much construction the built in maps are useless. I will give them a call if no one else has…

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Well….. I guess we will see when the new bikes come out in the next few seasons. If it’s true the bikes are going to have something else because I doubt Honda will sell a goldwing without a GPS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts