GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Makes me hurt just looking at it :eek:4:

·
Registered
11 Posts
best tire

It looks like a CT TT and a MT. And none of them held up very well. CT looked the best.

Frank

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
If you notice the entire rear wheel is gone. Obviously a rare case of spontaneous combustion that results in using the wrong tire on a vehicle.

I hope that this will be a lesson to all of you that are running a CT to remove them right away. Do so and perhaps the life that you save will be your own.

And if your CT is a 195/55/16 that has 90% tread on it or better, please send me a PM for my home address. I will happy to dispose of it for you at no charge.

·
Registered
176 Posts
When they say car tires are not round like motorcycle tires, it's for the safety of the rider. Clearly using a car tire on the rear of the motorcycle is dangerous and adding a rear motorcycle tire on the front simply causes spontaneous combustion......

:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think it was not only the use of a CT but the lack of using a new crush washer and changing the oil at 3K miles!:lol:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You'll notice a lack of a CT on the bike. This bike obviously was abused by running a MT. The way I heard it was that the bike tried several times to get the owner to realize the benefits of a CT (a few blow outs, severe cupping, etc) but the owner just wouldn't listen.

The Wing took its own life due to its despair. It just couldn't deal with the thought of the continued use of such horrible rear tires. :popcorn:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Think the insurance company will "total" it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
THAT SUKA GOT HOT!:eek:4:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Dibs on front wheel :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That didn't happen to me yet..........go figure

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Anybody seen DJfire?? He's been having bad luck lately. His floorboards might have gotten to hot.:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Nope, not caused by CT but from eatting too many servings of baked beans at a barbque place along with a serving of hot wings and trying to ride all day! :wrong:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
188 Posts
They don't call it a "Ring of Fire" for nothin'!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
And all this time I thought it was because he stopped using Amsoil!:oops::oops::oops:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Oh Noooooo! We are all going to die!!!! Again!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts