GL1800Riders Forums banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Here ya go.

*MicroBattery Pro-Tip (Understanding Lithium Coin Batteries): Lithium coin cell batteries are usually designated with a CR followed by a set of numbers. The C in CR lets you know the battery uses a lithium chemistry. The R lets you know that the battery is round in shape. The first two numbers let you know the diameter of the battery and the last two numbers tell you the height. So by following this, you can easily see that a CR2032 battery is a (C) lithium chemistry battery with a (R) round shape that has a diameter of (20) 20 millimeters and a height of (32) 3.2 millimeters. This applies to the majority of coin and button cell batteries but note there are some exceptions, like the CR2 or CR123A batteries which are considered lithium cylindrical batteries.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
8,281 Posts
Do i have to reprogram the orginal one if i change out the battery or will it work as usual.
Assuming the fob is working correctly, you do not need to reprogram it after a new battery.

Reactions: fla_rider

·
Registered
2 Posts
All this writing about batteries... took the battery out of a friends FOB when the low batt warning showed in the dash. It had a 2025 battery in it. Put a 2025 back in it. Worked fine. Here someone said it is a 2032...
which one is the correct one? is 2018 different from 2021 and on? Incorrect batteries could cause all sorts of stuff..

·
Premium Member
Honda DCT Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
1,564 Posts
Year 2 - changed batteries every bike anniversary. Good to go.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
All this writing about batteries... took the battery out of a friends FOB when the low batt warning showed in the dash. It had a 2025 battery in it. Put a 2025 back in it. Worked fine. Here someone said it is a 2032...
which one is the correct one? is 2018 different from 2021 and on? Incorrect batteries could cause all sorts of stuff..
What's the difference between CR2032 and CR2025 batteries? The obvious difference between the two battery types would be thickness. The CR2032 is 3.2mm thick while the CR2025 is 2.5mm thick. Because the CR2032 is 0.7mm thicker than the CR2025, it has a higher capacity (mAh) to deliver current to the load.

.7 mm is .027 of an inch.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Tested my spare FOB today. Battery was dead. Once the battery was replaced it worked. I had put a new battery in last June for my summer trip. I keep it switched off. So I’ll be carrying a spare battery with the FOB I guess.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Fred,
My bike is a 2018 and yes I did purchase the extra fob on ebay. It worked when I first "programed" it but I took the battery out and stored it and the fob, in the trunk. That was about 9 months ago.

·
Registered
671 Posts
2032 is the correct battery

·
Registered
671 Posts
I keep it off because it's usually in the saddle bag during riding season.. Would rather not have someone be able to ride off with the bike when I'm away from it! :)
So interesting. Grabbed my spare and the battery was dead (even though I replaced it last spring). New battery installed, spare worked fine. No issues. New battery will go in my main fob this week as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you buy the cheap a&@ batteries from Amazon you can expect them to be cheap knockoffs. A large percentage of items on Amazon are counterfeit and batteries are no exception. I don’t have this issue when I buy from some internet sites like Walmart because they force all vendors to carry 10mm in product liability insurance including online retailers so it weeds out the crooks and the have to pay thousands a year to belong to WERCSmart a UL company that certifies there products…just saying Amazon is what it is but you are taking a chance.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you buy the cheap a&@ batteries from Amazon you can expect them to be cheap knockoffs. A large percentage of items on Amazon are counterfeit and batteries are no exception. I don’t have this issue when I buy from some internet sites like Walmart because they force all vendors to carry 10mm in product liability insurance including online retailers so it weeds out the crooks and the have to pay thousands a year to belong to WERCSmart a UL company that certifies there products…just saying Amazon is what it is but you are taking a chance.
Actually the battery from last year was a Duracell purchased at fleet farm...

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
8,281 Posts
Actually the battery from last year was a Duracell purchased at fleet farm...
True. Anymore you can never really know if even the name-brands are producing their own products or sourcing them and relabeling.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
8,281 Posts
First came the oil threads, but you did nothing since it did not concern you.....
Then came the coolant threads, yet you still said nothing, since it was somebody else's problem...
...and now...
FOB Battery Threads!
When will the madness end?
The Rotella batteries are the best.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts