1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's growing up...Got Mounted

Can't leave a good tire lay around....got her mounted :doorag:

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Man that's much better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...I Couldn't Wait Any Longer

She's on the bike...thanks for the wax paper Idea that did work...but she did learn a few new pieces of vocabulary.....

Do I wash the bike...or go for a ride.....Hell...going for a ride....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went for a ride....

Went for a ride....Found gravel, twisties, up hills, down hills....even found some rain...love it...put about 50 miles on the tire.....:lol::excited:

Two Questions:

1) My torque wrench only shows 75 ftlb but I cranked it another 5 ftlb...thus turning it past 75... hope that equals 80ftlb....I think I will be alright....

2) I set the initial pressure at 36psi....is that a good pressure....:shrug:...could not find any tire pressure numbers on the tire itself except not to exceed 51psi...?

My dealer is interested in my feed back after a couple of miles....this was the first CT tire he mounted and balanced....

Safe Rides...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I so happy I could just cry!:congrats:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Went for a ride....Found gravel, twisties, up hills, down hills....even found some rain...love it...put about 50 miles on the tire.....:lol::excited:

Two Questions:

1) My torque wrench only shows 75 ftlb but I cranked it another 5 ftlb...thus turning it past 75... hope that equals 80ftlb....I think I will be alright....

2) I set the initial pressure at 36psi....is that a good pressure....:shrug:...could not find any tire pressure numbers on the tire itself except not to exceed 51psi...?

My dealer is interested in my feed back after a couple of miles....this was the first CT tire he mounted and balanced....

Safe Rides...
That just ain't fair! You live in the same state as our Darksider cookies!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH...BY THE WAY...Rail can I request chocolate chip cookies :joke:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
PSI is mostly personal preference. I prefer 28-30 but I am on the light side (125lbs). Best to experiment with various pressures until you find one you like.

At 36, I would expect the center to wear out prematurely but if that is the ride/pressure you like, then so be it.

At 36, you're in the "ball park" though. :thumbup:

Two Questions:

Safe Rides...

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

Two Questions:

Safe Rides...
You're probably tired of hearing it, but... it just gets better and better.

I started out with 36 psi and liked it just fine. Then I read that it might lead to the center tread wearing out sooner. I later dropped it to 32-33 psi and I like it just as well.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
answer to the torque question

As no one has answered the torque question, yes, you'll be fine. However, recommend you get a proper sized torque wrench. If you are concerned about accuracy, you can send it to me with return postage, and I'll calibrate it for you as a favor to another rider.

As for pressure, I like 32-33 psi. Tried 31 for a while, I personally seemed to feel a bit of a squirm on higher speed twisties, so bumped it back up a bit.

And welcome to the darkside.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lab Rider,
You probably won't like it much. Checked my mileage yesterday and mine has
22,009 miles on it. Hope you do as well.

David
HondaMortch

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
32 PSI seems to be the sweet spot on the Kumho.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
OH...BY THE WAY...Rail can I request chocolate chip cookies :joke:
Noted and I also can calibrate torque wrench for ya at work . Yes I agree 75 is good with a bit past:thumbup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts