GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing ISO grips on my 03 and don't have enough experience on this bike to determine how much the throttle grip should be rotated "Forward" to make the rubber inserts exposed to my hand most of the time. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Without the glue

Mike, without the glue, insert the grips on the bars, site on the bike, and grip them as if you were riding. You should be able to tell with the left grip where the position is so that you are gripping the rubber the most -- that is the position that you want. For the right grip, it's a little iffier. You can match it to the left, or you can turn the throttle to where you think you would have it at cruising speed and mount the grip so that it will be in that position while you ride. I have these grips on both my Valk and my Wing and like them a lot. The throttle boss is also handy and can be added later if you do not have it. Let's you use the palm to help twist the throttle, vs. having to grip so hard.

Be careful with the glue. Don't want it to squeeze out and drop on the pain (I suggest an old rag or towel to cover the paint), and also ensure that the glue on the throttle does not squeeze out enough so that it gets on the part of the throttle that must be free to turn.

·
Chard Member
12,966 Posts
The thottle grip is barely moved at highway speed.

I would recommend buying yourself some "grip glue" to attach the Iso's with. The grip glue will give you time to set the grips where you want them! The super glue(?) that comes with the grips is super fast setting.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
one little hint: if you do choose to use the "super glue" that comes with the iso-grips, on the throttle side, take a q-tip and run some grease around the top of the grip so you don't accidently glue the grip to the throttle ???

I used the super glue and it worked perfectly, practice sliding the grips on ( I practiced several times ) so I wouldn't screw it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts