GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...I've downloaded the recent update for the 2018+ models several times. Each time it downloads as a zip file and when I unzip it I don't see the SWDL.ISO file that I need to install on my bike. I only have a folder called, "SWDL" that contains a bunch of sub-folders.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
What's likely happening is it's downloading as a .ISO file and your computer is interpreting it as a zip since the .iso file extension is associated with whatever unzip program you installed (winzip, winrar, 7zip, even windows internal unzipper etc). And when you double click on it, it's actually opening the ISO and showing you the contents.

You can right click on the file, and click properties and it should show you it's an ISO file next to "type of file". It will have a (.iso) or (.zip) depending on what it really is.

Verify it's really a .iso, and copy that to the NTFS-formatted thumb drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's likely happening is it's downloading as a .ISO file and your computer is interpreting it as a zip since the .iso file extension is associated with whatever unzip program you installed (winzip, winrar, 7zip, even windows internal unzipper etc). And when you double click on it, it's actually opening the ISO and showing you the contents.

You can right click on the file, and click properties and it should show you it's an ISO file next to "type of file". It will have a (.iso) or (.zip) depending on what it really is.

Verify it's really a .iso, and copy that to the NTFS-formatted thumb drive.
Thanks! I'll give that a try...right clicking on the zip file shows it's an iso file.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts