GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... You use nor how much is in the crankcase, in fact my favourite oil is Crisco. As long as you have an OEM crush washer, not some after market knock off, you'll be fine. Smooth shifting, high performance and great fries.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I couldn't find a crush washer last time I changed oil ... must have gone 8,000 miles without one ... :22yikes: ... couldn't get any good music on the radio that period ...

... but when you check your oil make sure you screw the dipstick back into place when you finish ... or your engine will puke oil all over and make you think something is burning up ... (ask me how I know ... :roll:)

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Didn't have a crush washer so I drilled out a nickel...wait...that was the anti-dive. Wonder what I put on the oil plug?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I reused my old crush washer and my whole transmission shelled itself. Had to change out the whole motor... :eek:4: Ya better get a new crush washer every time!!

·
15 year Member
6,867 Posts
.... You use nor how much is in the crankcase, in fact my favourite oil is Crisco. As long as you have an OEM crush washer, not some after market knock off, you'll be fine. Smooth shifting, high performance and great fries.
I use peanut oil for that "fresh roasted peanut" exaust note......

Matt(BCNV):roll:

·
Registered
342 Posts
A new guy moved in down the road and he told me that if I don't use Amsod oil in my Wing and every other motorized item I own, that they will bust into flames, explode, then create a black hole which will suck in all life in the universe.

Did I mention he sells the stuff?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You can also use the dipstick to dribble some Crisco on the chambers of your 1860 colt,too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is a very informative thread. :coffee1:

My method was to not use a crush washer and just tighten enough so that it drips about a quart a week. never have to change the oil just add a quart. Im using canola oil so stay back you eco terrorists. Shifting is as smooth as butter.

·
Registered
8,622 Posts
A new guy moved in down the road and he told me that if I don't use Amsod oil in my Wing and every other motorized item I own, that they will bust into flames, explode, then create a black hole which will suck in all life in the universe.

Was his name Tim??:roll:

later..Randy

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
A Car running Bio Diesel smells like French Fries Cooking.
Would it be Ok to use that In my engine, as long as I change the Oil Filter ?

$4.00 a gallon is cheaper than the Honda Synthetic I have been running.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts

Did he say you will crash and burn?:joke:

Rotella for me, in both bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts