GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a 2009 Moto Guzzi California Vintage that I picked up over the weekend.

This model is 1064 cc's with a 5-speed transmission and a dry clutch - shaft drive. Makes about 70 horsepower and 65 torque with a curb weight somewhere around 620.

Only put 150 miles on it so far - and then the weather went down into the teens. It's in the basement now, getting the "once-over"

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
That's a good looking bike. Handles good too! I lusted over one before I bought my Wing.

Reactions: Justa_Poser

·
Registered
851 Posts
Heck with the bike. If the photo is taken where you actually live, I'll take that instead. Looks like a beautiful place. If you don't care to ride the bike, there appears to be a horse in background. Oh, yes the bike is indeed sharp looking.:clap2:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck with the bike. If the photo is taken where you actually live, I'll take that instead. Looks like a beautiful place. If you don't care to ride the bike, there appears to be a horse in background. Oh, yes the bike is indeed sharp looking.:clap2:

hahahahahaaa - no, that's a friend's house. And, those pasture ornaments are each about 30 years old.

We live in a small house. Less taxes, maintenance, utilities, etc. More $$$ for chrome.
:wink2:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Nice toy, Kevin! So....inquiring minds NEED to know...how many times must you recite "eenie meenie minee mo", before you actually get on one of your steel stallion, two-wheeled scenic view finders?

- David

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice toy, Kevin! So....inquiring minds NEED to know...how many times must you recite "eenie meenie minee mo", before you actually get on one of your steel stallion, two-wheeled scenic view finders?

- David

David -

I snapped this pic of the bikes in the basement, over the weekend.

There are two more in the garage !
0:)

And would you just look at the license plate wall?
It's coming along nicely, don't you think ?

>:).

·
Registered
478 Posts
The red one looks like a VStar 1300. Nice bike, I had one before the wing.

The green in the foreground looks like the cot my wife would make me sleep on if I brought home that many bikes.

I snapped this pic of the bikes in the basement, over the weekend.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
All those bikes and no Wing...that's just wrong.

Reactions: Justa_Poser

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The red one looks like a VStar 1300. Nice bike, I had one before the wing.

The green in the foreground looks like the cot my wife would make me sleep on if I brought home that many bikes.

Yep, that's VStar 1300. They are great bikes. There's a Roadliner hiding along the far wall.

That "green" is one of several wool blankets that I picked up over the years. They make a great work bench cover when ya have things that scratch easily.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All those bikes and no Wing...that's just wrong.

I got me a concrete saw, and widened the opening for the basement door, and then replaced the 36" door with a 44" door.

Guess what?
Yep.

A Gold Wing STILL won't fit thru the basement door !.

Fits nicely in this trailer, though.... :wink2:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Kevin, the license plate wall is coming along right well!

Perhaps you should consider putting a sealer on the wall, then installing foam panels to eradicate the cold coming off all that concrete? I sealed our basement walls, but just never seemed to put up a foam barrier to warm our basement in Gallatin.

- David

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kevin, the license plate wall is coming along right well!

Perhaps you should consider putting a sealer on the wall, then installing foam panels to eradicate the cold coming off all that concrete? I sealed our basement walls, but just never seemed to put up a foam barrier to warm our basement in Gallatin.

- David

We've been in this house 29 years, so I don't think that I'll ever get around to insulating that wall.
:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell me, can I get one of the seeds off your money tree? Nice collection!

Well, you know that we buy them and sell them. Fix them.

AND we store some for the winter for a small fee. It helps with my chrome budget.
>:)>:)>:)

0:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts