GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Yes it is almost time for my new to me 2008 GL1800.

As many know Janet and I immigrated to New Zealand in 2008. Since then we had downgraded to a GL1500 which we sold two years ago. The time (read MONEY) has come for us to get an 1800 again. I am in negotiations for a beautiful 2008 Black GL1800 airbag and GPS model with ABS.

So hopefully next Wednesday I will travel a few hours South and a bit East of Auckland to take delivery of the bike. It has been a long haul and I have suffered depression not having an 1800 so hopefully this will now be sorted out. If all works out we have a ten day trip planned around the North Island over Easter and we hope that winter does not arrive for us before then so we can have a good ride before putting the bike away for the winter.

Pics will be posted next week! We are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Good for you ...

Good going !!

You will have nothing but a smile a mile wide when you hop on that bad boy.

I've been to Auckland several times on my way to Papua New Guinea but have never had a chance to view the countryside. Hope you have some scenic roads to enjoy!

Keep the rubber on the road my friend !!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good going !!

You will have nothing but a smile a mile wide when you hop on that bad boy.

I've been to Auckland several times on my way to Papua New Guinea but have never had a chance to view the countryside. Hope you have some scenic roads to enjoy!

Keep the rubber on the road my friend !!
Thanks.

Next time you come through Auckland please touch base and we can show you around if you have time.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Good on ya'. Hope it all works out. I am sure you will be much happier and the depression will go disappear. Enjoy the ride!
You are living in a place that is on my bucket list to visit. Hopefully one of the days...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Almost Time

Great. My wife and I spent two weeks on the South Island hunting and riding a Goldwing. Absolutely fell in love with New Zealand and its people. Wish I could get some Hokey Pokey here and White Bait Patties. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
for the price of wings down there you could by two of them up here. good luck and remember there is a ferry between the two islands LOL

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I too am picking up a new to me 2008 tomorrow. Now all you need to do is come back over and ride with us again

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All,

Tomorrow morning 19-03-2014 I leave to fetch my new to me GL1800. I am absolutely beside myself at this time. How am I even going to sleep tonight??

After fetching it I will return home THE LONG WAY! Will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the road riding and hope to have pics posted on my return to Auckland.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh I so know the feeling of getting a new bike. I didn't get a good nights rest for about a week even after I got my Goldwing home. I had to trailer my new to me Wing out of Denver Colorado in one of the worst snow storms to hit in the month of February. But the trip and the loss of sleep was sure worth it. I know just how you feel. ENJOY! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
WOT! Winter?? Where? In the North you say?? Yeah Nah mate. Maybee a bit of rain from time to time, but you wont get much wx on that puppy. Congrats. Nothing like a 2 tank ride home.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.. It will be great machine for NZ.:thumbup:

We have just returned from three weeks riding around the lower north and upper south island.
great ride although so much loose metal on the south island roads at the moment.

Have you joined the NZ Goldwing club ?? They are quite active out of Auckland.

cheers

Ray
Rotorua

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
What a great place to ride. We rented a Goldwing in Auckland a few years back and rode the north island. I wish now we had visited the south island. Oh well, guess we have to go back!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hi All,

Tomorrow morning 19-03-2014 I leave to fetch my new to me GL1800. I am absolutely beside myself at this time. How am I even going to sleep tonight??

After fetching it I will return home THE LONG WAY! Will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the road riding and hope to have pics posted on my return to Auckland.
Congrats to you,hope you enjoy the 08.There is a writer for MCN that ranks the North Island above the Alps and the Blue Ridge Parkway as far as roads go.I believe his name is Fred Raus.Ever since I read that I've wanted to ride there...............maybe someday.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We just got back from spending a month in New Zealand doing both islands twice. Loved every minute of it, and if we could we would move there. Congratulations on your new to you Gold Wing. You have an awesome place to ride.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Edwin,
Congrats (a day early) on the Wing.
Enjoy, my friends,... I know you and Janet have missed having a WING.
Larry K. (thecruiser)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts