GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we started harvest today and after riding my Wing all summer that Cotton Harvester shore is slow. About 2.5 to 2.8 mph, almost as slow as the Jeep we use to have. :?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Does it have a descel wobble though? Keep both hands on the wheel! :lol:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is kinda cool cause it has a guidance system that drives it through the field so I guess you could say I run all day with no hands on the wheel, all I have to do is set there and make sure everything is working correctly and turn it around on the end. 8)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh we liked the Jeep we had I just said that for BLKO4WNG, but don't tell him that. :lol:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Remember your own sig line .... You will become like the books you read and the people you hang around.

Do you want to become like BlkForWing?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No No No :22yikes: :eek:4: :a13: :no: :lol:

·
Registered
19,378 Posts
Jeeps are good for what they are designed to do. Go slow over rocks streams and desert. Even that title they lost to the Hummer. But for highway use,face it,they are rough riding,suck the gas, uncomfortable,high center of gravity thereby easily tip over and are unsafe in most collisions, and rattle, oh boy sounds like just the vehicle to take my family accross the country in.

HA HA HA :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
laen said:
Jeeps are good for what they are designed to do. Go slow over rocks streams and desert. Even that title they lost to the Hummer. But for highway use,face it,they are rough riding,suck the gas, uncomfortable,high center of gravity thereby easily tip over and are unsafe in most collisions, and rattle, oh boy sounds like just the vehicle to take my family accross the country in.

HA HA HA :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:
All the Exact reasons why we enjoyed ours and the exact reasons we got rid of it. It is cheaper to rent one when we get to the mountains than to own one. :lol:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
BLK04WNG said:
Some people are just too big of a ***** to handle a Jeep.

JEEP.... American made in Toledo, Ohio since 1941.
And I wonder how much is now actually US made content??

HD - American Name, 70% foreign content

Honda Goldwing - Foreign Name, 90% US content

This information and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks :shock: :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
White Gold said:
Well we started harvest today and after riding my Wing all summer that Cotton Harvester shore is slow. About 2.5 to 2.8 mph, almost as slow as the Jeep we use to have. :?
I'm just zooming around my farm on my John Deere when I kick it up into high gear. I can actually break 13 mph going down a little grade with a good tailwind. :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary in Indiana said:
[quote="White Gold":3jhjcdsy]Well we started harvest today and after riding my Wing all summer that Cotton Harvester shore is slow. About 2.5 to 2.8 mph, almost as slow as the Jeep we use to have. :?
I'm just zooming around my farm on my John Deere when I kick it up into high gear. I can actually break 13 mph going down a little grade with a good tailwind. :D[/quote:3jhjcdsy]Well my JD harvester will hit 18.7 mph (not GPS Haha) but you don't get a whole lot done. :lol:

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
White Gold said:
Oh we liked the Jeep we had I just said that for BLKO4WNG, but don't tell him that. :lol:
I figured that. :lol: That's why I'm staying out of the Jeep debate. Otherwise I'd be here saying how smooth, dependable and reliable my GC has been and still is with almost 125,000 miles on it and how it would destroy any Hummer out there!

But since I'm staying out of it I won't say that. 8)

:lol: :wink:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got to ride with my neighbor in his new CAT combine the other day. WOW!

Talk about amazing technology, comfort, speed, abilities, & size!

Ended up with a flat up front (WOW AGAIN) but could not believe how fast he ran that corn!

When they mentioned something about $1500 per tire I did think of my E3's

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Einzig said:
Got to ride with my neighbor in his new CAT combine the other day. WOW!

Talk about amazing technology, comfort, speed, abilities, & size!

Ended up with a flat up front (WOW AGAIN) but could not believe how fast he ran that corn!

When they mentioned something about $1500 per tire I did think of my E3's
Did he mention anything about the whole thing costing about 325,000 dollars? :shock:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts