GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person to take offense at the desecration of the U.S. Flag by Kid Rock during the worse ½ time show I recall seeing at any Super Bowl.
:cus: :no:

Jerry

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
This will be my 100th post and I feel it is a good place to say this:

There seems to be a lot of this kind of thing going on everywhere and I do not like it...........Flag clothing does not appeal to me.......

I can remember when it meant something to take proper care of our flag. It stands for a lot more than it is recognized for today.

It meant something 35 years or so ago to be one of the boys at school who put the flag up in the morning and then make sure it was down during any storms or at the end of the day. Also you never flew a flag that was tattered or torn. Now it seems that some people do not care. I know that some things change with time but I do not have to like it.......and I don't.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jerry,

I am with you. Ask anyone of those jerks to serve their country, and lets see what they have to say. Probably would be wearing the Canadian flag when their number got called.

Shame Shame Shame.

Bulldog <---Defender of the American Flag

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
hey, I agree

in fact I felt so strongly about it that I went and posted my opinion on the off topic board while the halftime show was in progress.

But on a lighter note...HOW BOUT THEM PATS?!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree Jerry, the halftime show was of poor quality and poor taste. It started bad and I didn't like the Kid Rock flag shirt either and ended worse with Janet Jackson exposing herself on primetime national TV.

Bob

·
Registered
250 Posts
Disrespect is disrespect for our flag and our country. Enough said!

Tom

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Here's what I just emailed to my local CBS afilliate:

Between a no talent punk like Kid Rock wearing the flag, and Janet Jackson's breast hanging out... the Super Bowl Half-time show was a new all time low for CBS and all CBS affiliates.

What do we get to look forward to next year? Full frontal nudity on the stage?

What a dumb move for CBS. Is everyone completely brain dead at the network office... from Les Moonves on down?

I'm highly disappointed in what I saw. How many young children were sitting in front of the TV set when this happened?

Shame, shame, shame.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Half-time

CBS is already formally trying to distance themselves from MTv's production of the half-time show. What did they expect? I've pretty much quit watching MTV because of the "who can top this" videos featuring suggestive sceens or outright profanity. I've got children at home, and just don't need it. I don't like most rap music and I'm beginning to sound like my parents about it. They didn't like rock n roll but this is a whole different thing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
OK, all of you. I was going to post something on this topic, but I really think you have about said it ALL. :oops:
No you haven't.
I would have been real pissed (and am) if my sons were small and saw that crud on TV or my grand-daughter had been watching Jackson's exhibition and possibly come away thinking that her exhibition was socially acceptable. The blatant disrespect for our flag is shameful. I'm beginning to worry about the future of our society.
Damn, now I think I'm getting mad about it.
I am mad :!:
How do I send my thoughts to CBS :?:
I know that I wore our countries uniform for a long, long time telling myself that I was defending the rights of my fellow country men and women, but now ?????????????

·
Registered
414 Posts
Flag

I agree with 5Ross in that we were taught to repect the flag, especially if we were one of the lucky ones to put it up and down the flag pole. It was not to be torn or touch the ground. I felt it an honor to be one of the chosen ones to put the flag up at school when I was younger. I don't think lot of young people realize what it means to give your all defending your flag and country. I really feel for the people losing sons and daughter in our conflicts now. My prayers go out to those serving our country, God Bless.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Wow! I didn't even see the half-time show. See, I was at a party with a bunch of former co-workers. Knowing that half-time shows have been going down the tubes anyway, I used the opportunity to catch up with some old friends. From the sound of things, I didn't miss much.

Couldn't hear much of most of the commercials either. But the one about the souped up Harley was pretty funny. Of course, we all know they could have shot the same scene with a stock 1800.

John in Vegas

·
Registered
94 Posts
I never watch the half time shows but I'm sorry I missed Janet's breasts. It was a great game, and if you got down (bet) on the pnthers you still won with the seven point spread.

G

·
Digusting!

I expected this type of crap from MTV. I had my cable company year's ago block MTV because of the disgusting programing, it has only gotten worse. To see some jerk like this Nelly character grabbing himself during his so called performance, Kid Rock's desecration of our Flag, Justin and Janet's semi-lude routine topped off by her top being partially torn off was certainly classless and in very poor taste. Who ever approved this should be fired.
Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
Different view.

Let me give a different opinion here. I did not watch the game. I don’t watch football anymore because I don’t enjoy it. I refuse to be censored and disagree with the video coverage that does do.

I watched the landings on Mars. That’s worth my time. Did you see the chief engineer on the project? He was wearing a “Flag Shirt”. I thought it was appropriate and was not offended in the least. I have a lot of trouble with individuals who disrespect the flag. You know, walking on it, burning it, flying it all torn up in the rain. Wearing it does not give me the same inclination towards violence. :flg:

Maybe if you were some **** trying to sell you wears (J Jackson) by wearing the flag: maybe I could get excited then. Stupid sluts abound. I’m too old and too many things offend me. I try to be very selective.
If the NASA engineer were queried he would tell you that this is the greatest nation on earth. :unclesmile: If some punk burning it were queried, well they would spew crap. :cus:

My 2 cents worth, or cent & a half.
RW

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flag

RW........The knucklehead wasn't wearing a "flag shirt". It appeared he had cut the flag between one of the red and white stripes and then stuck his head thru that cut and let the flag fall over his shoulders. That is a lot different than someone wearing a red, white and blue shirt. But that is just my opinion.

Jerry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts