GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather man said sunny skies and upper 60's. Got up this morning and saw clouds starting to build. Now...this, this afternoon. :rain1: Light rain moving north east right over the top of me, and the wind is blowing. It sure don't feel like 60° out there. Me and a buddy was suppose to go riding today. It's just a bit too cold to be getting wet. :(
Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jim,

We were supposed to be in the high 70's today and have the same cloud cover you do with light drizzle. Temp is in the low 60's.

Compared to the guys in the northeast, we are still having perfect weather. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Welllllllllll, In the north central part of IN. it did get up to about 43. I had my wing at a good freinds garage (heated) putting on the goodies I got from Hals sale :D :) . We got it back together about 2:30 and I rode it about 25 miles before getting it home. I got lost on what is a 3 mile ride, imagine that :) :!: Now if it will just keep doing this about every 10 days or so intil spring............ :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes2: :yes2:

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
We rode about 215 miles today. Down towards Tucson .

south through Florence, down 79 to Catalina. Some lunch, then wondered back up home.

Lots of scooters out today in that area

·
Registered
224 Posts
We did 130 miles today.... It was 72 degrees when we left
the house at 1 pm. Took Highway 74(Ortega) east from
Interstate 5 and then south on Interstate 15 to Highway 76
west through Bonsall and Oceanside. Heading back north
again on Interstate 5 completing the circle. Gorgeous day
and scenery. Lots of wings on the road today.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim,

I will swap your for your bad weather anytime, between now and March...LOL

Dr. Rob rode today. Brought his new 919 up to the garage for us to take a look see. He went home in Meesh's car. Seems the snow that was coming down did not look to be a safe ride home. The whole .9 tenths of a mile. I don't blame him a bit.

Nice thing is, I have his 919 in the garage and it makes a better garage rider. Makes tighter turns....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bulldog said:
Jim,

I will swap your for your bad weather anytime, between now and March...LOL
No Thanks Bulldog. I'll keep what we got here. I don't think I could take your kinda snow any more. I loved it when I was a kid, but not now. I appreciate the offer though. :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Weather

Was pretty good here for a change. Just had to hold on due to the wind. But 46° ain't too bad. I rode just over 200 miles to get to the local GWRRA "Social Club" meeting. I musta got lost cause it is only 35 miles one way. Anyway, only saw one other bike all day. And that was a new guy looking to join the chapter. I bet we really impressed him since he and I were the only ones there on bikes. The other 50 or so were in their cars/trucks.
Thanks for letting me rant..........

:banghead:

Jerry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Went for a short 250 mile ride from Tulsa to Arkansas and up to Missouri. Got up to 65 today and it seemed like everyone that rode was doing the same thing because there were bikes everywhere. I even say four trikes on a ride which I seldom see.

·
Registered
846 Posts
5Ross said:
Welllllllllll, In the north central part of IN. it did get up to about 43. I had my wing at a good freinds garage (heated) putting on the goodies I got from Hals sale :D :) . We got it back together about 2:30 and I rode it about 25 miles before getting it home. I got lost on what is a 3 mile ride, imagine that :) :!: Now if it will just keep doing this about every 10 days or so intil spring............ :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes2: :yes2:
Couple of nice looking rides you've got there. Except for the color and the red one has the gold accent on the valve covers, they look like twins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts