GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this post is appropriate for this forum...........

I have been watching a video series on Youtube called Itchy Boots, who is a women from the Netherlands who is adventure riding from Patagonia to Alaska.

She is riding alone, but her video is amazing. It is definitely worth a look.

Here is the link ->

Itchy Boots

·
Registered
101 Posts
+1 on the above, been watching her since her last adventure in the Middle East countries last year. She’s got a lot of guts doing this all on her own. Not only that, she has a great uplifting personality. Worth a watch...

·
Registered
662 Posts
I been watching Noraly's videos for the last 9 or 10 months. I really like the way she does her videos because it's all about the ride and the countries she is traveling through. Not a lot of talking with a lot of scenery.
My wife noticed that I watched her videos a lot along along with other traveling videos. My wife told me to get another Goldwing because it would be good for me to be out riding instead of watching. What a wife!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m hooked on Itchy Boots! I hope she writes a book about her excursions as I’m quite sure there is much more that goes on beyond what makes it into the video.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I’ve seen all of her Asia/Europe videos and South America videos. I’m amazed how she finds the unmarked dirt roads she is looking for and the small out-of-the-way hotels she stays in.
I’m also surprised that her bike keeps chugging along. I would have thought she would be better off with a Kawasaki KLR or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
124 Posts
Her first season from India up to Netherlands was great. The second season she has gone more "professional" with sponsorship and narrative throughout the ride. Drone cameras etc. Maybe just because I have travelled through Argentina, and because she speaks/understand adequate Spanish, I find Season 2 episodes much less interesting. However, I highly recommend that Season 1. Every episode is an adventure. I think what I enjoyed the most was watching her learn about the bike and her trying to communicate in foreign languages.

She gets bogged down in some remote mountainside in Kryzkistan and just walks a few miles till finds someone and seems happy about it!

As a contrast I watched a video of a guy who had a punctured tubeless tire. He had the tools and the knowledge and a portable compressor and a tire plug kit but just started swearing and waited for some other bikes to show up and help him.
G.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'll have to start watching her travels.
On a related note, I've been subscribed to another female solo rider for a while.

"On Her Bike" is about a lady named Ninga, who lived in Australia, but is slowly traveling the world alone on a BMW.

Allan

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'll have to start watching her travels.
On a related note, I've been subscribed to another female solo rider for a while.

"On Her Bike" is about a lady named Ninga, who lived in Australia, but is slowly traveling the world alone on a BMW.

Allan
They are both great series

·
Registered
124 Posts
What amazes me is Noraly's bike: Royal Enfield Himalayan. In the first 8 months she went 35,000 km through 25 "remote" countries with not a lot of dealer network. At least half her miles are off road and fairly rough use but she has no problems at highway speeds.

That bike has a 400 cc single cylinder air cooled engine with 25 peak hp !!! Routine maintenance is 5,000km

At 35,000 km the bike was still good, but, she bought it in India and was having difficulty registering it at home in Holland so Royal Enfield traded her for a new one that she could register and send to Argentina for her next adventure.

I am thinking back to my 500cc Triumph and 450 Honda and thought a trip of 1,000 km over a week was an accomplishment.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My wife and I really enjoy Noralys videos. I worry about her riding solo in such remote areas.
Her smile and positive attitude are 2 of the things that make her vlog so good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts