·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: Look who's selling their yellow 1800 on the classified board :cry:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Sad indeed, YF I have never met you, but have enjoyed your posts and your exploits. Your reputation is that of a stand up guy and super rider and coach. Best of luck in whatever you do. Hope to run into you one of these days (well not really run into, you know what I mean).

·
Registered
552 Posts
Somebody will be getting a smokin deal.

Shootin vids is a tough way to make a living if you don't have a bankroll behind you. At least you gave it a shot and had a good time doing it. :yes1:

What do I tell Rodehard? :wink:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
tell him thanks for the fun and im going dirt bike riding with my son!!

ill be back on a wing in a few yrs,just no time to do both right now!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yellow wolf said:
tell him thanks for the fun and im going dirt bike riding with my son!!

ill be back on a wing in a few yrs,just no time to do both right now!
Damn, this sounds familiar... LOL. Good luck bud. I'm actually selling my Katana now as well. Giving up street riding all together. Sport bikes just aren't for me, too uncomfortable. Being with my son is where I want to be and that is in the dirt. Your in a good area I bet for some kick butt trails. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I met YW last June. You won't find a more personable man. He will be sorely missed on this board and at the Dragon. I was looking forward to getting over there this spring and seeing him again.

Best of luck in everything Rick!!!!

Andy

PS - Did you ever wear out those pegs I sent you?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Did I miss something. I know he is selling his bike and no one can argue with his reasoning for that. Bought 2 dirt bikes myself when my son was in the 3rd grade. Nothing can replace the time you spend with your childern and in my case now grandchildern. That being said I don't remember seeing anywhere that Rick said he was leaving the board. May have overlooked that. Old eyes!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Dive Master said:
That being said I don't remember seeing anywhere that Rick said he was leaving the board. May have overlooked that. Old eyes!
I didn't see that either.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Rick, I know exactly where your coming form. Now that my son and I both have a dirt bike it really cuts into your riding time on the Wing. One day each weekend he wants to go riding. I usually will try to work a little also, riding the Wing, etc. You only have so much time in a day. I picked up a brochure for a BMW 1200 RS the other day. Man, I would love to have that bike. You ca take that thing anywhere off the paved roads you want to, then ride home!
Where do you go riding at? Maybe Cole, Trailsman, and myself can come up and ride with you one day.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i might be moving in with my grandson.
he is only 3 almost 4 acts like he is 5.
i have been thinking about getting a sidecar so i can take him rideing with me. is there any age limit for children on a bike?
he really likes motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I am not sure I have ever responded to a YW post (so this is a first for me). YW, your decision is a very personal and lofty reason and is why anyone SHOULD stop riding a wing. Sometimes, I've noticed that we treat these machines as our family or an extention of ourselves. It is good to see someone can actually keep this in perspective. For this I applaud you.

One caution though, be careful not throw away the essence of who you are. My children never really knew I rode because I sold my bike when they were born. When I finally bought a machine a couple years ago, it was a surprise to them. But for me it was something I never forgot.

Now, my son wants to ride with me and we are working to make that happen (I am soooo excited about that!). Anything that is part of your core value that you can engage in with your kids is worth maintaining some involvement. I wish I had done a little more of that while my kids were growing up.

Best of luck to you Rick, this is a MUCH larger accomplishment then 1000 miles in 24 hours on the Gap.

regards,

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm going to get a little sappy here:

I saw Rick for the first time when he came to the Gap after his Colorado trip (2 years ago?). We were both getting gas at the station in Telico Plains and just nodded to each other as Wing riders do. I left ahead of him and started up the Cherohala rather briskly (or so I thought :p ). I got caught behind several cars and was waiting for a good place to pass. While waiting, I see this yellow Wing fall in behind me. We come to straight and the yellow bike comes around me and I fall in behind him and off we go. Uphill for all both bikes are worth. i start to brake for the upcoming corner and watch the yellow Wing disappear. SMOKED! That's what I was.

I was not a member of this forum and had never heard of Yellow Wolf. i had not ever ridden Deals Gap either. All I knew was I thought I was fast and I got schooled very quickly. I went over to the Gap on that trip and made my first runs. I saw Rick riding but did not get to speak to him. I fell in love w/ Deals and knew that I had something to shoot for; I wanted to ride like him. I did some internet searching and found this forum and also found out that Rick was a member. I got to know him in the chat room and got to ride with him several times. He gave me tips in his way and my riding improved. I never caught him but I know I got better because of him.

I wish you the best Bro. Family is the most important thing by far. I know you'll be back and I thank you for the time you gave me. You'll probably end up back at the Gap on a SuperMotard! :wink:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Toyo said:
I picked up a brochure for a BMW 1200 RS the other day. Man, I would love to have that bike. You ca take that thing anywhere off the paved roads you want to, then ride home!
R1200-GS.
I think that's my next one too. Heckuvva big fuel tank...

Grumpy,
Why don't you buy his bike? You know you want a 'Wing again...

·
Registered
425 Posts
[quote="Arn Butt Bill
Grumpy,
Why don't you buy his bike? You know you want a 'Wing again...[/quote]

True; I would like to have a wing again. The $8600.00 air conditioning system I just put into my house makes it impossible though. Besides, i couldn't do the bike justice. It would have withdrawals...

Doesn't Rodehard need a new one?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
MotorSWATCop said:
Besides, i couldn't do the bike justice. It would have withdrawals...

Doesn't Rodehard need a new one?
You've got to be quicker these days with the new bike, aren't you?

What is Rodehard riding? Is it a blackbird or didn't he get a KTM or something too? Dang, my memory used to be good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts