GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago someone asked about painting a new wing. I said I was going to try wrapping. Hopefully here are a few pictures of the bike in the last stages of getting the wrap on. The person doing the wrap did a very good job and I'm very happy with the outcome.
It started out red and as you can see will now be yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
WOW looks like the installer is doing a great job. it's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks very nice. Did you check to see the price difference between paint and wrap? I have never looked into it but wonder how it will hold up as time goes by? I checked about having a wrap put on my pickup, I wanted the lower foot done to make the truck look two tone, they wanted 2500 dollars and so I decided two tone was not in my future for the pickup.
anyway good job

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
S W E E T need I say MORE!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looking very good, didn't know that was possible. Keep us informed on how it holds up.

No reason to think it won’t last a long time if it’s done properly with a good product. Wraps work great to change as well as to protect. You’ve probably seen many cars and didn’t even realize they’d been wrapped.

I’m considering a wrap myself this year since the Satin Silver is so ridiculous to protect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Wing One

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Interesting stuff here............Didn't know you could do that!

Ronnie

·
Registered
356 Posts
Interesting stuff here............Didn't know you could do that!

Ronnie

A good wrapper/sign company can wrap just about anything. I’ve had helmets done, too.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Looks Good!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Protect paint and/or change color. Completely removable with no damage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wrap

Sorry it took so long to reply. (Needed to work)
Anyway the cost of the wrap is about a third to half of what paint is. The person wrapping the bike said that the wrap should last eight to ten years if the bike is in a garage. As mentioned earlier the wrap can be taken off with the original paint underneath.
The person doing the wrap took off all the plastic and did a very good job. The mirrors were a little tricky. As far a durability, I'll let you know in eight to ten years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts