GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Kikker wrote:
This is outragous, what else can I say.
Well Kikker, I guess you shouldn't have bid that much on it then.:lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish I had been watching when that 53 vette went for 3 million bucks. :roll:
DC

·
Registered
453 Posts
I spent the afternoon at the auction today. "wow"
What a great way for a cold Canadian to spend a winter afternoon.
Riding a Wing all winter is kind of nice too.

Harvey

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I love that Barrett Jackson auction and can watch it for for hours and salivate. But I'm a real performance car nut. I have never been able to leave a factory stock vehicle car or truck alone. I just have to modify and customize them to make them right for me. I love and have owned some vintage muscle cars and am major racing enthusiast who once owned a dirt tracker.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Did you see the red Lincoln...went for $175,000....it was a convertible, forget the year.

I thought it was ugly...apparently the buyer did not!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a similar car done to the highest standards and I recently turned down $110,000. It is not about the name Barrett Jackson it is about the cost to do a big car to show quality. Look at it this way, most restorers get $60/hour and a car that big would take a minimum of 10 months (I am talking from experience) that equates to 1600 man hours (one guy) which equates to $96,000 in labor alone. So now it is ridiculous to spend $110,000 for a finished car?? NO. It is an investment on some poor guy who really spent $140,000 to do this car.
Take a look at my car at www.xframechevy.com and click on the red convertible with the top down and you will see 70 pictures of a show car restored to the highest standards. This is what they are bidding on-quality!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you guys like Muscle Cars and are ever in my area, there is a very unique Muscle Car Museum here. There are nothing buy one off cars, one of two cars in this collection owned by a guy named Phip Silva. Phil also hangs out at the Barett/Jackson Auctions.

It soon to be the only muscle car museum in the United States that has nothing but convertible Muscle Cars.

If anyone get down in this area be sure to drop me a line and I take you out there.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Kikker said:
If you guys like Muscle Cars and are ever in my area, there is a very unique Muscle Car Museum here. There are nothing buy one off cars, one of two cars in this collection owned by a guy named Phip Silva. Phil also hangs out at the Barett/Jackson Auctions.

It soon to be the only muscle car museum in the United States that has nothing but convertible Muscle Cars.

If anyone get down in this area be sure to drop me a line and I take you out there.
And that would be where?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Kikker said:
Watching the Barett/Jackson Auction tonight with a Red 1959 Chevrolet convertable sold for $110,000.00

This is outragous, what else can I say.
That is nothing! I sold my '65 convertible 2 owner (factory A/C, factory hard top) for eighteen hundred.........................bucks. Bought a VW...(this was in '74)...pretty slick huh? :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts