GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after taking the plunge with my Yoko Avid Envigor about 6 months ago, I've finally worn out the G709 on the front. After much reading and consideration, I ordered my new Bridgestone Battlax and it should arrive tomorrow. We'll be out of town for a few days, but come next week, I look forward to getting the new treads mounted up and trying to find a break from old man winter to take the wing out and let her stretch out her new shoes.

She'll also have new brake shoes and a new K&N air filter. First time tackling those projects for me. REALLY looking forward to the air filter job but I've got Cruiseman's videos to guide me through and am confident I shall emerge triumphant!!.... I think :roll:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Well after taking the plunge with my Yoko Avid Envigor about 6 months ago, I've finally worn out the G709 on the front. After much reading and consideration, I ordered my new Bridgestone Battlax and it should arrive tomorrow. We'll be out of town for a few days, but come next week, I look forward to getting the new treads mounted up and trying to find a break from old man winter to take the wing out and let her stretch out her new shoes.

She'll also have new brake shoes and a new K&N air filter. First time tackling those projects for me. REALLY looking forward to the air filter job but I've got Cruiseman's videos to guide me through and am confident I shall emerge triumphant!!.... I think :roll:
Congrats on the new front shoe. Let us know how many 4-letter words you say when changing the air filter! :lol:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Always good to hear about happy endings.

Good luck on the air filter change. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
bt45 r runs good at 40-41 psi

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
Air filter is no big deal - just put aside 2 hrs for first time ! If your cruise is off mark now would be good time to calibrate . I'm on 2 nd bt45 23,000 + on first one - still some left .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Congrats on the double dark decision. I am 4K into my double dark days with the BT45 and as others have said, this tire isn't showing any wear at all. I haven't been riding the hard twisties. Good luck on the filter change.........:yes1:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new front shoe. Let us know how many 4-letter words you say when changing the air filter! :lol:
I'm sure the discussion will become...shall we say..."spirited" at times! :thumbup:

your close enough, why don't you join us feb 14-16 on the death valley run, great time to try it out.
I'd love to join in, but this year it's just not in the cards. (Sorry, so close to Vegas, I couldn't resist the pun! LOL)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got the Battlax mounted up today. Replaced the spark plugs and brake pads while I was at it and ready for this blasted cold weather to be gone so I can take my bike out for a spin! I still have the air filter to tackle, but the weather won't be conducive to riding for about a week, so plenty of time to get 'er done. :thumbup:

Battlax.jpg

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally finished up the air filter this evening. Sure am glad that project is behind me for a while! And while I can confirm there were several 4-letter "conversations," I will deny to the end that the number exceeded 6! :doorag::doorag:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts