GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I'm back on the road again. The east coast got hit a few days ago and now here I sit watching it snow... and snow... and snow and when that is done, subzero temperatures for a few days. The bikes are in the garage screaming "ride me, ride me, ride me" and here I sit! Anybody else out there want spring to come? :roll:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
welcome to WI....been off the bike since Dec 5. just about the time the roads are safe enough to ride again, another round of snow comes in...guess the law of averages finally caught up to us. last winter, only had 3 week I was off the bike...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
It's foggy at the moment but clearing , a balmy 34-f ..1-C .. Leaving in a couple of hours for Vancouver motorcycle show on my bike :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi I was there yesterday with the car . (Vancouvr Motorccle Show)
Too much winter up on the Mountain.

I have Cabin Fever so bad that Can'i imagine ever riding again.
Hopefully in a couple of months.

Enoy the day on your Scoot and the show.

Bob

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's going to be awhile part II

I too have not been out on the bike since Dec. 1 2013 due to the snow and/or cold. Since owning my first wing in 1983, this is the longest that I have not gotten at least a quick 1-2 hour ride in during a week. It has been so mild the last 10-12 years, I could ride the bike or travel north a bit and hit the trails on my 'CATS'. Under the cover in the garage is not a pretty site and looks like more bitter cold and snow the next several weeks. I just wish I knew who pissed off Mother Nature!

Billy:snow1::snow1::snow1:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Stop thinking about it. That's what I do, at least until somebody brings it up. :duck:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I was ready for spring November 1st. I start getting my pensions this coming November so maybe will be able to afford a trip to thaw out next year. ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
We are still waiting for winter to arrive but the riding is good.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Before I'm back on the road again. The east coast got hit a few days ago and now here I sit watching it snow... and snow... and snow and when that is done, subzero temperatures for a few days. The bikes are in the garage screaming "ride me, ride me, ride me" and here I sit! Anybody else out there want spring to come? :roll:
Almost EXACTLY my situation except I'm further west! We've just had a series of squalls move through in the last few hours but looks like it's clearing now. But as you mentioned, that's so we can go below zero for the next few days.

Would like to ignore my bike but I walk past this large blue-covered object every time I go through the garage and I know what's hiding under it! So, let's all just give a big sigh, play on 1800 boards and Spring will be e before we know it!! I hope...!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Missed 4 days work commute on the Wing this past week, due to snow/ice (mainly in the parking lot at home and at work)... used my son's car. :cry: :oops: It drives me crazy when I cannot ride more than a day or two!

Just cleared a nice path out of my space; will be back in the saddle for Monday morning's commute! :yes1: :snow1:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welcome to WI....been off the bike since Dec 5. just about the time the roads are safe enough to ride again, another round of snow comes in...guess the law of averages finally caught up to us. last winter, only had 3 week I was off the bike...
How do you cope :)

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
7,374 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ride when you can. Dream when you can't.

It's been freezing off and on all week here in Texas. Today it finally warmed up to 60º F so I decided to take advantage of it. Made a short ride (45 mi.) close to home but I got the cobwebs off the bike for a while anyway. May be my last time to ride for another week or so, more cold weather predicted.
It's nice to read about everyones situation in various climates. Just glad to enjoy actually being able to ride occasionally in the dead of winter. Be safe out there and ride when you can. Dream when you can't. One day maybe our dreams will come true. Looking forward to Spring.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Spring is on the way! Here's evidence:

image.jpg

·
Registered
419 Posts
One thing that I do is, I put my wing to sleep by Nov 1st and wake it up when it's time to start riding. (LATE MARCH early April) No fun to ride between those months for me. Reason is, I know it won't be good weather til the spring. So I'm patient.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
rode to work this morn, 48deg, just rode home, 68deg.
Yeah - but in a little while (well, maybe a long while) I'll be riding - and you be hiding in the A/C to escape the 100+° temps. :twisted::tongue:

So rub it in while you can.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts