GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long ago I was able to spend some time giving back to a fellow board member. This guy, over the years, has offered to teach fellow riders many tricks and secrets to handling “the big girl.” You would often find him in the center of the parking lot, while at Wingstock, just dropping his bike and showing riders how to pick it back up easily, or moving so slowly that even Slow Joe could keep up, all the while not having the bike fall over. Certainly an accomplished rider, but there was one slight flaw.:eek:4:

This guy had no clue what went into riding/handling a Trike. He even would get himself into a lot of trouble from time to time with posts, often drawing the fire out of our beloved Beverly. Well, I promised Bev that one day I would teach this guy a good lesson and let him see firsthand what it took to be a Trike Rider. So, when I saw him at the recent TN Lunch Run, I knew what I had to do. I rolled over (that’s walked to my close friends) to his table and tossed him the keys to my ole Girl and said, let’s go.:shock:

It was harder than I could have ever imagined. There was skidding, tire squealing, slow circles where he just could not figure out how to lay the bike over. There was this constant need to scrap my pegs, and I thought he was going to need hernia surgery when he tried to pick the bike up when a crowd started to form. But the one thing that I just was not able to break him of was his need to try and ride the Trike like his bike, just using two wheels.:22yikes:

Trialsman, what a lot of fun, and a sure crowd pleaser. My only complaint is I can now no longer sell my foot pegs as NEW. Somewhere, our Bev was smiling and giving us both the finger. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Who boosted Paul onto the seat?

BTW, after that story & picture I trust you have no immediate plans on selling the now rode hard put away wet big girl.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I actually saw that! LOL ................I won't say what his better half said when she seen him go by on 2 wheels! :wrong:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who boosted Paul onto the seat?

BTW, after that story & picture I trust you have no immediate plans on selling the now rode hard put away wet big girl.

I'm thinking I can get a TON for the foot pegs, after telling everyone that Trialsman's foot rested here, even though his feet barely made it to them.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
At least he didn't wear all the chrome off.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Jim, I believe you to be right about one thing: Bev was up there giving us both the finger. :lol:

OSDuck, I know what she was saying, because I heard it later. She calls it "showing off". I call it a "demonstration". :thumbup:;)

Your presence, Jim...as always....makes any Wing gathering special. Thanks for the post and for dropping by.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Great pic.....Sure was better in person...Paul u da man....
Wheels u sure trusted him a lot....LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts